Question / Help Network Speed dropping when recording with NDI.

TomPilot

Hi, all. I'm having an issue using the NDI plugin for local recording and streaming. I have had a dual PC setup for a couple months now, and it worked fine for local recording. I have my gaming PC and encoding PC connected to my router with the same gigabit cables, and I haven't changed any kind of settings since then.

What is happening now is that the incoming NDI signal on the encoding PC is stuttering and freezing every couple seconds. This only happens when I'm recording. I have Task Manager open on both PCs and I'm monitoring the Ethernet usage under the Performance tab. The "Send" speed on my gaming PC stays at around 140Mbps when I have OBS open, but not recording. When I record, however, it will drop down to around 10Mbps for a second or two, then jump back up. I'm not sure what caused this to start happening.

To be clear, I know this isn't an encoding issue. I have a webcam connected to the stream PC that doesn't drop any frames when this happens, and it shows a constant 60fps with no dropped frames in OBS.

If anyone has an insight or info on what can be causing this, please let me know.

Here is a log file of what is happening. I started and stopped recording a few times to see if there is something going on. Thanks in advance!

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/xOcgR7hbQ_I-Owbd