Needing Help with Black Screens

dannE

Alright, so lets start from the beginning.
I installed OBS on my laptop and was going to do some recording with it then I got a black screen on my display. But I already looked at the post here in the forums about black screens and fixed it. I thought all was alright but when I tried to record a video on Crunchyroll (for clips) it turned out all black. I tried and tried all sorts of things but haven't found a solution. I am using a laptop with NVIDIA. I really need help with this, I am grateful if you have an answer.

Edit: In the picture you can see the website and then obs.

Attachments

• blackscreen.png
    blackscreen.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

koala

This is probably the DRM censorship. You use display capture, and in general it works since you see the browser and main web site. Only the actual video is black - this is due to DRM.

dannE

This is probably the DRM censorship. You use display capture, and in general it works since you see the browser and main web site. Only the actual video is black - this is due to DRM.
Is there a possible way to fix it? If so I would appreciate your help!

koala

It's working as designed. There is no fix. It's not some implementation in OBS - this is crippled by the design and implementation of DRM.

gaminsnake

the above link is a how you get around it. if you use the app on your phone and you have an iphone use that ^^^^^^^^ and if you don't have an iphone use something similar and I only tell you this so you can do what i'm assuming you want to do which is the same thing i do which is take off the subtitles for some anime and slap in your own for funny videos

Last edited: