Need Help with Switching Cameras

Helenanamlorg

Hi, I need help with OBS. I need to livestream with multiple iphone cameras on OBS for a livestream platform. How do I switch cameras in the same scene (as this is connected to the company's admin panel and no RTMP key)

Goal: to film fashion shows using OBS to switch angles

Greatful for any tips !

AaronD

Technically, the eye icon in a scene's list of sources, turns that source on or off, so you could "stack them up" with each one hiding the ones below it, and use those to switch. But why would you do that? It's not how OBS is supposed to work, so a lot of the features...won't.

And you may have to switch to that scene again to make it show live, as those eye icons are technically edits. You normally don't show edits live, but finish them and then explicitly show the result.

Far better to have a dedicated scene for each thing that you want to show:
  • Different camera? Different scene.
  • Different overlay on the same camera? Different scene.
  • Pre-produced video instead of a camera? Different scene.
  • Different video? Different scene.
  • Etc.
So you have lots of scenes with relatively few things in each scene, and you switch scenes a lot. That's how OBS is supposed to work.

...this is connected to the company's admin panel...
What does that mean?

Helenanamlorg

Technically, the eye icon in a scene's list of sources, turns that source on or off, so you could "stack them up" with each one hiding the ones below it, and use those to switch. But why would you do that? It's not how OBS is supposed to work, so a lot of the features...won't.

And you may have to switch to that scene again to make it show live, as those eye icons are technically edits. You normally don't show edits live, but finish them and then explicitly show the result.

Far better to have a dedicated scene for each thing that you want to show:
  • Different camera? Different scene.
  • Different overlay on the same camera? Different scene.
  • Pre-produced video instead of a camera? Different scene.
  • Different video? Different scene.
  • Etc.
So you have lots of scenes with relatively few things in each scene, and you switch scenes a lot. That's how OBS is supposed to work.

What does that mean?
Thank you Aaron for your help ! Would you by any chance also know hoe to connect the iphone camera to OBS, I have tries with the OBS app for the iphone and used the USB connection but for some reason the plugin won't install on my Macbook and the option of IOS camera does not come up on my screen

AaronD

Thank you Aaron for your help ! Would you by any chance also know hoe to connect the iphone camera to OBS, I have tries with the OBS app for the iphone and used the USB connection but for some reason the plugin won't install on my Macbook and the option of IOS camera does not come up on my screen
That I don't know. I'd say to start a new thread for that, but you already did. Maybe someone who does know will see it.