Need help setting up obs for proper stream without any encoding overloads..

ethanielmarble

Hi, I'm trying to stop encoding overloads from happening on my pc while playing gta v. I'm streaming at 720p at 60fps and have a bitrate of 4500 I'm also using the hardware (AMD) or gpu for a encoder. I'll provide pcs specs here: I'm running a rx580 gpu with a intel core i5-3570k cpu @3.40ghz, with 16 gbs of ddr4 ram.

FerretBomb

You can try the Tools menu, Auto-Configuration Wizard.
You may need to turn it down to 720p30 though. GTAV isn't particularly well-coded, your CPU is far from the strongest, and AMD's hardware encoder is an absolute travesty of a tire fire that DOES use game-rendering resources (unlike nVidia's NVENC which is a completely separate part of the GPU).

ethanielmarble

How would I reduce the choppiness at 30fps it just looks a bit slow I tried 30fps but I liked the 60 better but at some points like I'm doing rp right I pull up to a scene with like 3 other people and the stream starts to freeze because the encoder is overloaded. I mean 30 fps looked good but not good enough because it was a sorta slow but I'm sure it's because of the 30 fps drop from 60 is there a way I can speed it up a bit? I can provide a video link to when I tried 30 fps Check out this video "Road Rage Gone bad + Medic things | FIVEM | BORP | LIVE STREAM #3" http://www.twitch.tv/b0zz_yt/v/885720828?sr=a&t=787s