Question / Help My transmission fluctuates, the upload drops to 0

Ragnarokwq

My transmission fluctuates, the upload drops to 0, and my internet is perfectly good. Remembering that this happens most of the time when I change scenes. And when that happens, she doesn't come back with everything, she just keeps the rate low.

FerretBomb

Please post a logfile from a live streaming session at least 30 seconds in length where this issue occurred.

If you are streaming to Twitch, have you used R1ch's Twitch Bandwidth Tester to check your Quality score, bearing in mind that sites like speedtest.net are completely worthless when it comes to livestreaming? What Quality score did you receive for your destination ingest, assuming you're streaming to Twitch?

Ragnarokwq

Please post a logfile from a live streaming session at least 30 seconds in length where this issue occurred.

If you are streaming to Twitch, have you used R1ch's Twitch Bandwidth Tester to check your Quality score, bearing in mind that sites like speedtest.net are completely worthless when it comes to livestreaming? What Quality score did you receive for your destination ingest, assuming you're streaming to Twitch?
I stream on youtube. I don't know how I get these logs..
HELP ME PLEASE!!

Kovlur

I stream on youtube. I don't know how I get these logs..
HELP ME PLEASE!!
Hello, no need to use caps.
The only way for me to help you, is to just show you how to get the log file, until someone who knows how to help can check what your issue is.
1. Go to OBS Studio
2. Do you see the Help Tab in the top-middle of the program, click on Help.
3. Then hover over Log Files option and select show log files.
4. When the Folder with the log files opens, close obs and delete all of the log files, because you might not know which one to upload.
5. After deleting all the logs, open up OBS Studio again, and without touching any of your settings press Start Streaming (I think, at least? I don't stream)
6. Stream for 1 minute or whatever. Then Press Stop Streaming.
7. Repeat step 2 and 3, then once you are in the log file folder, you should have only 1 log file left.
8. After making sure that you have the log file, you could either upload it here, I guess. Or you could go to Help tab in OBS>Log Files>Upload Current Log File. Then just copy paste the link.
OBS Log Files Open.png

Last edited:

Ragnarokwq

Hello, no need to use caps.
The only way for me to help you, is to just show you how to get the log file, until someone who knows how to help can check what your issue is.
1. Go to OBS Studio
2. Do you see the Help Tab in the top-middle of the program, click on Help.
3. Then hover over Log Files option and select show log files.
4. When the Folder with the log files opens, close obs and delete all of the log files, because you might not know which one to upload.
5. After deleting all the logs, open up OBS Studio again, and without touching any of your settings press Start Streaming (I think, at least? I don't stream)
6. Stream for 1 minute or whatever. Then Press Stop Streaming.
7. Repeat step 2 and 3, then once you are in the log file folder, you should have only 1 log file left.
8. After making sure that you have the log file, you could either upload it here, I guess. Or you could go to Help tab in OBS>Log Files>Upload Current Log File. Then just copy paste the link.
View attachment 53452
Sorry Caps, log:

Attachments

• 2020-04-09 10-05-16.txt
    53.6 KB · Views: 13

Ragnarokwq

Attachments

• 2020-04-09 10-05-16.txt
    53.6 KB · Views: 15

Kovlur

Sorry Caps, log:
From what I can see, all of your scene stuff has the wrong file paths. Point every scene element correctly first, then wait for FerretBomb or someone more knowledgeable to help you out.

After you are done fixing the scene file path stuff, save another log file and then wait for someone else to help out. I am sorry that I could not help you more, I just don't understand much of the stuff in the log file.

FerretBomb

Two things immediately jump out at me. One, your system is well below minimum specs for OBS. A Celeron and Intel HD Graphics technically can run the software itself, but is underpowered to the point that even a 240p 10fps stream is likely too much for it. Your logfile reflects this.
10:08:11.666: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 2377 (64.1%) <-- This is caused by your GPU
10:08:17.624: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 561/593 (94.6%) <-- This is caused by your CPU

You also are using a Game Capture in the same scene as a Monitor Capture, which will cause problems even on a system strong enough to handle livestreaming:
10:05:19.278: - scene 'Cena':
10:05:19.278: - source: 'Captura de jogo' (game_capture)
10:05:19.278: - source: 'Captura de tela' (monitor_capture)
Display Capture should only be used as an absolute last resort, and should be placed in its own separate Scene.

Short version, you need a more powerful system. The one you are using is not going to be able to livestream, and the stream is not dropping because you are changing Scenes, but because the system cannot output video to the point the stream stays up. The remote server just "gives up" and starts rejecting the stream.

Ragnarokwq

Two things immediately jump out at me. One, your system is well below minimum specs for OBS. A Celeron and Intel HD Graphics technically can run the software itself, but is underpowered to the point that even a 240p 10fps stream is likely too much for it. Your logfile reflects this.

You also are using a Game Capture in the same scene as a Monitor Capture, which will cause problems even on a system strong enough to handle livestreaming:

Display Capture should only be used as an absolute last resort, and should be placed in its own separate Scene.

Short version, you need a more powerful system. The one you are using is not going to be able to livestream, and the stream is not dropping because you are changing Scenes, but because the system cannot output video to the point the stream stays up. The remote server just "gives up" and starts rejecting the stream.
In the past I used 1.10GHz and 2GB RAM and ran as it lives fluidly, with the same internet and the same configuration

FerretBomb

In the past I used 1.10GHz and 2GB RAM and ran as it lives fluidly, with the same internet and the same configuration
That is absolutely not possible.
Again, you are skipping around 95% of your frames because your current system is well under under the minimum spec needed. You need a system which is up to the task of livestreaming.