My OBS Crashed While Screen Recording And Crashed The Whole Computer

AlyArtz

So I have this problem where I am screen recording and would sometimes pause the recording and continue. But then.. I would keep it paused for an hour and OBS would crash and I can't do anything in my computer cuz it crash everything!
I have recorded about 50 minutes to an hour and lost all of it because after the computer crashed. The only thing I can do is to turn off my pc and then of course the recording (since it's not properly finished) would be damaged and can't be restored..

So how do I fix this? For now my solution is to always stop recording under 1 hour and not let it pause for too long (cant even paused for over 15 minutes as I went to the bathroom!) but I am forgetful so this problem keeps coming back.. What should I do???

koala

Record to *.mkv file format. This format doesn't invalidate the whole content if recording was aborted. For this reason, don't record to mp4 unless you have a 100% stable PC or don't care if a recording becomes invalid.

AlyArtz

Record to *.mkv file format. This format doesn't invalidate the whole content if recording was aborted. For this reason, don't record to mp4 unless you have a 100% stable PC or don't care if a recording becomes invalid.
Ooohh thank you so much!!! It was originally recording in that format but I thought it was no different than mp4 (too lazy to convert to mp4 when I'm done) so I change the setting! Thank you again