My OBS Bitrate is in the red for certain games, any idea on how to fix this?

Doc Zillion

So I'm a really new streamer. Really new. I hardly know what I'm doing really, and I'm just doing it for fun but I would like to be able to use this program to continue streaming. Thus far I'd only played games like Deltarune and Undertale on this computer, and since those are not at all heavy games I knew it would work fine. But I remembered that on my old computer (which is far worse than this one mind you) I was able to run even Dead By Daylight just fine. So I decided to try streaming Crash Bandicoot! In theory this should be fine. My internet is great with a download speed of 500 Mb/s and upload of around 350-450, and my specs aren't awful either! Yet my bitrate is always in the red on OBS. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm connected to ethernet, my connection is stable, every other device is offline, my programs aren't taking up any internet speed and I've shut them down to test it out. I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm no wiz when it comes to this software. Any helpers out there? Here's my latest log (I was running in admin but for some reason it says I wasn't, not sure what's with that) https://obsproject.com/logs/m7DilcGU9HoYO6x2 .
TL;DR : My computer SHOULD be able to stream higher end games but it just isn't! Send help! Here's the log https://obsproject.com/logs/m7DilcGU9HoYO6x2

Doc Zillion

Here's a second log file I just did with basically the same settings but this time I made sure it had run as admin. Just so you know, the stream is completely fine until I run crash bandicoot and it reaches the screen where you select which game you want to play. Dunno if that's important info or not! The stream goes back to normal the second I end the game.

Last edited:

Doc Zillion

Figured it out! Solved, totally solved, it was my antivirus. I disabled the firewall and it worked, sorry I'm an idiot! If anyone else is having a similar strange issue, just add an exception to your firewall for OBS, it's easy to look up on line! In my case, I use Mcafee livesafe and all you have to do is go into your firewall settings and set that last little "Net Guard" option to off. Then you will be good to go!