My game itself runs rather smoothly, but there is still a few freezes throughout the recording.

MagHins

Hi there! I've been trying to do a few Subnautica recordings for a project of mine, but as stated in the title I still get a few freezes throughout the clip.

I've capped the game fps at 120

Idk if specs is needed but here is a few:i7-9700k, 16gb ram and 2080 rtx.

Here is the log as well:

Last edited:

FerretBomb

Switch to the Quality preset, not Max Quality. Disable the Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning options. These three cause significant issues even on systems where they should not, for negligible visual quality gains. ESPECIALLY when recording locally, where you can just use a bit more bitrate to compensate (and already are, as you're properly already using CQP).

Also, NEVER RECORD DIRECTLY TO MP4 FOR ANY REASON. It is not a recording-safe format so if anything goes wrong during recording or finalization, the entire recording will be corrupted and totally un-recoverable by any means. As an added bonus, most video editing suites have significant problems with direct-record mp4 files from OBS.
Record to FLV if you only need one unified audio track, or MKV is you have set up discrete tracks in the Advanced Audio Properties. Then use the 'remux recordings' option under OBS' File menu to convert them to MP4 if you need it for editing.

MagHins

Switch to the Quality preset, not Max Quality. Disable the Lookahead and Psychovisual Tuning options. These three cause significant issues even on systems where they should not, for negligible visual quality gains. ESPECIALLY when recording locally, where you can just use a bit more bitrate to compensate (and already are, as you're properly already using CQP).

Also, NEVER RECORD DIRECTLY TO MP4 FOR ANY REASON. It is not a recording-safe format so if anything goes wrong during recording or finalization, the entire recording will be corrupted and totally un-recoverable by any means. As an added bonus, most video editing suites have significant problems with direct-record mp4 files from OBS.
Record to FLV if you only need one unified audio track, or MKV is you have set up discrete tracks in the Advanced Audio Properties. Then use the 'remux recordings' option under OBS' File menu to convert them to MP4 if you need it for editing.
Cheers pal! Helped me out a lot here and can I'm not eligible to record my little review and look forward to doing so. Hope you have a lovely evening.