Question / Help my amd is not in output settings

maciejmp

I use a laptop with an AMD Ryzen 5 3550H Processor and AMD Radeon RX 560X graphics card but until yesterday, the AMD encoder worked just fine. When I try to start steaming , it gives me a message saying "Starting the output failed, make sure your video drivers are up to date." i also have the software x264 but that takes like 50% cpu which is too much i dont know much about pc and drivers so can someone help me

scrythis1

i am having the same trouble. before, i was able to list my AMD as my encoder instead of x264. and i noticed the x264 operating far slower than the AMD...I am running AMD A12 7th gen

scrythis1

all i know is that when i was running it through AMD, it was far faster. The AMD has embedded graphics card. i think it might have something to do with that. But basically, with the new update, the settings option was removed, and i noticed a big difference

vapeahoy

Well iirc, the guy who was making the amd gpu encoder module for obs quit the team because of reasons. Maybe that's still the case. Idk. I see he still posts some plugins tho.

scrythis1

Well iirc, the guy who was making the amd gpu encoder module for obs quit the team because of reasons. Maybe that's still the case. Idk. I see he still posts some plugins tho.
interesting. thanks. could you point me in the right direction for that??