mintChip for OBS

mintChip for OBS 1.0.3

MisutaaAsriel submitted a new resource:

mintChip for OBS - Feels like an OBS you used to know. Minty-fresh, and light as air.

An Streamlabs inspired OBS theme, with spacious views and minty fresh exterior!
  • Spacious widgets, for ease of use and visibility
  • Large controls for easy interaction
  • Target Audio Colorscheme— Volume Mixer uses colors which more accurately represent the desired audio range in streaming applications
    • RedWarning; Audio is at risk of clipping
    • GreenTarget; Audio should fall within this range
    • Blue —...

Read more about this resource...

justedit

Great theme. Some issues with the hotkey section :
1648105872209.png

Button icons missing and some not clickables. Thanks !

Great theme. Some issues with the hotkey section :
View attachment 82109
Button icons missing and some not clickables. Thanks !
Update: Potential fix in the wings but I need to test on a PC first. Also the buttons can't be clicked if OBS disables them. For some reason yours is inserting the incorrect icon (that arrow isn't associated with revert/undo) and failing to grey it out (the first two buttons and the - button are only clickable if a hotkey is set).

QT UI is hard because its not very elegant and some of these controls are made progmatically, making it harder to know what to theme.

myktrinity

I love the look of this theme, but I'm running into a problem using Macbook Air 13 Monterey M1 Chip running OBS 27.2.4, the whole window cannot be resized horizontally so its being cut off on one side. Is there a way to bypass this? Thanks!
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 3.48.35 PM.png

I love the look of this theme, but I'm running into a problem using Macbook Air 13 Monterey M1 Chip running OBS 27.2.4, the whole window cannot be resized horizontally so its being cut off on one side. Is there a way to bypass this? Thanks!View attachment 82781
I don't know what to say about this one. I use macOS daily, and my main (and only) computer is an Intel MacBook Pro with Monterey. I can resize the window horizontally fine.

It MIGHT have something to do with the number of widgets laid horizontally though. I think I set minimum widths for each widget to prevent them from being shrank to unusable sizes. — Since the theme is about being more spacious and easy to read/see, the larger elements break when compacted.

Try putting Scene Transitions beneath another widget (I'd do Scenes TB) for now, shrinking the view area slightly, and I'll toy with minimum widths. Update might be a week out depending on how many bugs these changes cause (to reiterate, QT UI theming is not exactly elegant).

Eventually I want to try re-theming the control buttons all together with icons, so it can be a shorter dock, but I am unsure how feasible that would be with QSS theming alone.

Just as an aside, OBS widgets are designed in such a way that they stack better vertically rather than horizontally. If you look at the screenshot for macOS (from my own machine no less), the widgets are laid out to the left and right of the video preview, rather than the default OBS layout of above/below.

OBS in particular makes scene transitions and the controls dock as overly large buttons, rather than simple icons and a dropdown in the status bar. This makes layout difficult comparatively for "short and wide" layouts as yours. I can offer some solutions, but there will be some tradeoffs compared to re-arranging OBS.

myktrinity

I don't know what to say about this one. I use macOS daily, and my main (and only) computer is an Intel MacBook Pro with Monterey. I can resize the window horizontally fine.

It MIGHT have something to do with the number of widgets laid horizontally though. I think I set minimum widths for each widget to prevent them from being shrank to unusable sizes. — Since the theme is about being more spacious and easy to read/see, the larger elements break when compacted.

Try putting Scene Transitions beneath another widget (I'd do Scenes TB) for now, shrinking the view area slightly, and I'll toy with minimum widths. Update might be a week out depending on how many bugs these changes cause (to reiterate, QT UI theming is not exactly elegant).

Eventually I want to try re-theming the control buttons all together with icons, so it can be a shorter dock, but I am unsure how feasible that would be with QSS theming alone.
Finally figured it out thanks very much! One more thing though, I see lines on the some of the panels. Please see screen shot. Otherwise its a beautiful theme!
Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 9.27.10 AM.png

Finally figured it out thanks very much! One more thing though, I see lines on the some of the panels. Please see screen shot. Otherwise its a beautiful theme!View attachment 82812
That's an OBS bug that might be GPU related on macOS. I get those on and off inconsistently with custom themes in general, and nothing in the theme file should be causing them. They tend to go away for me when I restart my machine. — Are they not for you?

Hi,
When I follow that path within OBS by right clicking on the app itself I see the folder themes where I understand to drop both Mintchip folder and Mintchip .qss file into the themes folder, but can't find the themes folder in the main directory of the Mac. Following the Mac menu Library - Application support etc... I say this because the widget doesn't show up. Unless I don't know how to activate it? Mac Monterey. Do you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Hi,
When I follow that path within OBS by right clicking on the app itself I see the folder themes where I understand to drop both Mintchip folder and Mintchip .qss file into the themes folder, but can't find the themes folder in the main directory of the Mac. Following the Mac menu Library - Application support etc... I say this because the widget doesn't show up. Unless I don't know how to activate it? Mac Monterey. Do you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks
It's ~/Library; ~/ on UNIX systems, such as Mac, is shorthand for "This user's home directory".

If you copy ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/themes/ and then press CMD + Shift + G in Finder, you can paste that in the address bar that pops up and press enter to go straight there.

Or, if you want to manually navigate, go to your user folder, then Library, then Application Support, then obs-studio, then themes. Bobs your uncle.

It's ~/Library; ~/ on UNIX systems, such as Mac, is shorthand for "This user's home directory".

If you copy ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/themes/ and then press CMD + Shift + G in Finder, you can paste that in the address bar that pops up and press enter to go straight there.

Or, if you want to manually navigate, go to your user folder, then Library, then Application Support, then obs-studio, then themes. Bobs your uncle.
Hey there Uncle Bob! Thanks, but I already did that. I will go back and retrace my steps, but can you tell me how to activate it or open it? I might not know how to display it. Thanks!

Hey there Uncle Bob! Thanks, but I already did that. I will go back and retrace my steps, but can you tell me how to activate it or open it? I might not know how to display it. Thanks!
Uncle Bob, I did do that and couldn't find the themes folder that way. However, I could find it within the OBS application as mentioned before, because I can find the themes folder. I am not a programmer, but should I create a themes folder within the OBS-studio folder?