mintChip for OBS

mintChip for OBS 1.0.3

I wonder if I downloaded the wrong installer. They open up like it's for Mac. Thanks.
It's a platform agnostic zip file not an installer.

Hey there Uncle Bob! Thanks, but I already did that. I will go back and retrace my steps, but can you tell me how to activate it or open it? I might not know how to display it. Thanks!
If you don't have a themes folder, then yes, create it in the root of "obs-studio", as per OBS' official theme documention (which I helpfully linked at the bottom of the instructions page).

Wiki - Custom Themes|OBS said:
You may have to create the themes directory yourself.

It's a platform agnostic zip file not an installer.

If you don't have a themes folder, then yes, create it in the root of "obs-studio", as per OBS' official theme documention (which I helpfully linked at the bottom of the instructions page).
I'm sorry. I should have looked at the requirements first. I do have OBS 29 beta, but you said it was for OS Ventura and I haven't upgraded to that yet. Not sure when I will. I need the confidence that I won't lose anything that I had in Monterey. Thanks again for promptly answering my questions and sorry for the inconvenience!

I'm sorry. I should have looked at the requirements first. I do have OBS 29 beta, but you said it was for OS Ventura and I haven't upgraded to that yet. Not sure when I will. I need the confidence that I won't lose anything that I had in Monterey. Thanks again for promptly answering my questions and sorry for the inconvenience!
It shouldn't matter what OS you are on for themes as long as you are running OBS 28 or higher. I just haven't tested it on any other systems.

If you follow the instructions you should be fine. As per OBS' own documentation, you create the "themes" folder if it's not already there.

I will note though that I haven't tested OBS 29 yet and sometimes QT (its UI framework) gets changed between major versions which can break themes, so please let me know if there's any issues if you get it installed.

To clarify: the steps to install this theme are the same for any theme. The differences would be in compatibility with a particular version of OBS, but it would still show up in OBS settings as an optional theme if you install it right.

I might make an install script in the future for both Windows & Mac to make things easier down the road.

To clarify: the steps to install this theme are the same for any theme. The differences would be in compatibility with a particular version of OBS, but it would still show up in OBS settings as an optional theme if you install it right.

I might make an install script in the future for both Windows & Mac to make things easier down the road.
When you mentioned systems settings I went there and I do see MintChip as an option. I made sure I click apply and close out. I restart OBS However, I'm not entirely sure if It is working properly. The page and options don't look like yours. Is it because my OBS plugins and sources may not be the same as yours or I am doing something wrong? Thanks so much for your help.

When you mentioned systems settings I went there and I do see MintChip as an option. I made sure I click apply and close out. I restart OBS However, I'm not entirely sure if It is working properly. The page and options don't look like yours. Is it because my OBS plugins and sources may not be the same as yours or I am doing something wrong? Thanks so much for your help.
Can you share a screenshot of what you mean? As well as the contents of the "themes" folder?

Attachments

• Mint Chip 1.png
    Mint Chip 1.png
    59.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Mint Chip 2 .png
    Mint Chip 2 .png
    274.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Mint Chip 3 .png
    Mint Chip 3 .png
    86.5 KB · Views: 41
OH. If you unlock the docks using the Apple menu bar, you can rearrange where various UI elements go. By default OBS puts everything at the bottom, which is suboptimal, and this theme imposes a minimum width on docks to prevent cramping.

If you select Docks in the menu bar and uncheck Lock Docks you can pop them out with a button and reorganize them.

The layout in the previews is my preferred & personal layout. — You just gotta drag the windows around with docks unlocked.

Also, it looks like you installed the theme in the app's directory instead of the user directory; This will make the theme accessible by any user, but I generally recommend storing things in the user directory instead; Mac apps can sometimes get testy if you modify the .app contents.

Also, it looks like you installed the theme in the app's directory instead of the user directory; This will make the theme accessible by any user, but I generally recommend storing things in the user directory instead; Mac apps can sometimes get testy if you modify the .app contents.
The user directory is found by following the Mac menu Library- application support -obs studio -themes, correct? It looks like installed Mint Chip in both places if Im am correct? Should I delete the one within the app?

The user directory is found by following the Mac menu Library- application support -obs studio -themes, correct? It looks like installed Mint Chip in both places if Im am correct? Should I delete the one within the app?
I just tried to trash the theme folder within the app and at startup it said it was missing the files in your app. No worries, I'll wait for the possible installer. Thanks for all your help.

I just tried to trash the theme folder within the app and at startup it said it was missing the files in your app. No worries, I'll wait for the possible installer. Thanks for all your help.

That's why. It didn't hurt anything, but themes should only be installed in one or the other place, not both places. OBS was preferring the copy in the app directory, so when it loaded it couldn't find it anymore.

All you'd need to do is switch themes then switch back again. No harm.

As far as the layout, I encourage you to unlock your docks and play around a bit with placement. OBS is highly customizable, if you know how. My theme just changes the aesthetics of the UI. — It's up to the end user to arrange docks the way they want.