Question / Help Microphone not working in obs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koreance s

Microphone- Logitech G230
I recently got OBS to start streaming. I set everything up and it all looked fine. When I finaly started to stream, my microphone will not show up! I played with the settings and still nothing. It does record my game audio though. I am not a very tech smart person so it would be much appreciated if any replies will be in simple terms :D. Thank you for your time!
Okay if you have this problem i just had fixed go to obs settings then go to hotkeys then turn off Use Push-to-talk.

Tom Leaf

I too am having Mic issues but I am not sure it is related. OBS recognizes my mic and is picking up my voice causing the meter to move however now of what I am saying is not being recorded when I watch the video I just recorded. attached here is a screen shot of my settings as I talk. in the screen shot I don't have the recording started but only the time changes if I was. any ideas what I am doing wrong?

EDIT: after a few more tests I have finally found something that may prove useful in helping me. if I record as a FLV file it will record audio however if I record as a MP4 it is not recording audio. is this a limitation or is there a setting somewhere I need to change when recording as MP4?

EDIT: I just downloaded and installed the new OBS 0.13.4 for windows 64bit and it still does not record audio from my Mic when saving as MP4 even though the meter is clearly picking up my voice as I record. just as a second test I decided to try turning on desktop audio also and it is not recording that to the video either. so this makes me ask, is this a limitation of recording MP4 or do I have a setting not set correctly?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 08.27 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 03-10-16 at 08.27 PM.PNG
    11.9 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:

R798Tim

I'm trying to stream. It looks amazing but the sound screeches and echos. Mic is not popping up in the Audio setting for OBS. Does anyone know a fix?

Anthony H

My microphone bar was picking up audio, however when I played it back using the normal windows media players I couldn't hear my it, tried playing through VLC and I could hear the mic.

Traina

Has anyone tried to go into OBS settings -> audio -> mic/aux audio device and click the drop down menu and select their mic? Mine got disabled some how, and doing that fixed it.

MrSurvivor404

Deactivate all of your microphones then apply. Then in your mic slot 1 activate the mic u want to use

find this all in the audio tab

Deactivate all Mic/auxillarey audio devices

Click Apply

Click on the mic you use for Mic/auxillarey audio devices slot 1

click apply and ok :D

Bryce Miller

on linux Installing ffmeg using these two commands fixes it
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kirillshkrogalev/ffmpeg-next
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ffmpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.