Question / Help Microphone not working in obs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonatspie

Microphone- Logitech G230
I recently got OBS to start streaming. I set everything up and it all looked fine. When I finaly started to stream, my microphone will not show up! I played with the settings and still nothing. It does record my game audio though. I am not a very tech smart person so it would be much appreciated if any replies will be in simple terms :D. Thank you for your time!

gonatspie

I dont know. It gives me Realtek High Definition Audio and that normal works. And I select it. When I start to talk the little microphone bar does not go up and down and nobody can hear me

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Your Realtek Microphone input should be the correct input device.

I notice that the headset has a Mic mute built into the cable. Is that muted, by any chance?

AsianNinjaz

I am having the same problem with and my mic is not muted. My friends on skype can hear me fine but on the stream it shows that i am barely talking

MightyCloud

Yeah im having the same problem, just after i installed the new update. my friends can listen to me on skype perfectly while the mic bar in obs wont move.

TGTB

Yeah, same here. Before the update, my mic worked perfectly, and now, it won't record anything. The voice bar doesn't even move. Push to talk is off, and I'm using a Turtle Beach headset. I have the right device selected, it just won't listen to it. Literally.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Please include a log file of it, if possible. Also, we also re-added that chekbox for push-to-talk, so double check that.

TGTB

I'm not tech savvy. At all. So I have no clue what you mean by log file lol. Not trying to be difficult, just saying. Also, the push-to-talk box isn't checked off.

The Gamer C

Alright, I fixed it! I just restarted my computer to run a different mic (webcam mic) and then plugged back in my standard headset mic and it worked! Hope that helped

SebbieKatt20

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 9.28.02 PM.png
So here is some you need more help please tell me what you need help tell me. Also I'm using these headphones one my MAC MINI
Unknown.jpeg
and it dosent allow me to change my settings

AceOfTheEnd

guys, please help me too, my mic is fine, my friends can hear me in skype and everything but obs still cant hear me :(
I unchecked the push to talk button too :(

TSPage

Guys Obs has an obvious problem with the new update and are probably working on a patch. I'm using windows 8.1 with obs 0.651 the bar wont go up when I talk. (Skype works) and wont record voice in stream/ record. Push to talk is off.

ashleyatopia

my microphone worked before but now will not make a sound on my stream or obs :/ ive tried fixing settings but its not working. plz can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.