Microphone device works but then it doesn't

Felipe Ponce

New Member
Hi, this is a problem I've had for over 6 months with different motherboards (Gigabyte and ECS) so I do believe it's an OBS issue. The thing is that months ago, restarting my computer once or twice would solve it. But now, about 95% of the times it doesn't, totally blocking me from recording a video.
Steo by step:
#1 I start the computer and OBS. I record a tiny video just to check audio and video quality, using my USB microphone. I stop recording, watch the video, approve it. So I'm ready to record!
#2 Now I record my video. Then I stop recording. Then I watch it. IT HAS NO AUDIO. The microphone was "unused" by OBS and only in OBS, other apps perfectly can use my micrphone.
#3 I check the microphone, disable it, enable it again, remove it, add it again, restart OBS, restart the computer, nothing works. Whatever video I record, will not have audio, at least until the following day.

Months ago, when I restarted OBS, sometimes the microphone would be recorded. If not, I would just restart the computer and 100% of the times that would fix it. Now it never gets fixed until the next day. And if after too many attempts I happen to have a second successful video test recorded on the same day, when I try to record the "good one" the audio is not recorded. Help, please . Linux Mint user, latest version of everything but this happens since a long time ago.
Kind regards, Felipe.
 
Hi, stephematician. Actually, there's no need to. It's been totally solved. Because of that bug I had spent months without recording videos, then I had to reinstall Linux Mint and so I installed a brand new OBS installation. In that one, which seems to be a more recent version, the problem has been 100% solveds. I can record all the videos I want, one after another one, and all of them have perfect audio. Thank you so much for the great job at OBS.
 
Back
Top