Micro freezes with my C920 webcam

Ankay

Hello everyone.
I recently bought a Logitech C920, and I have some micro freezes with it, but only when i'm trying to put a custom reslution/fps etc.. and I don't want my webcam to be at 4:3 ratio.
They're not that annoying for the people who are looking at me while streaming, but they are annoying for me.
1620168911306.png
1620168970938.png

But, when i'm setting up my webcam through G Hub software, the ratio is at 16:9, and I don't have any problems.
1620169248271.png

Could anyone help me with this thing ? Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• 1620168827332.png
    1620168827332.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 33

deFrisselle

Please post a log
I have the same cam plus the C922 and C270 No issues, even with the C922 on a 10ft extension
What other USB devices do you have in use

deFrisselle

Okay, not sure if it's the source of the problem but your audio sample rate on your C920 audio is 16000 while your Headphones and OBS output is 48000 This will cause a mismatch in the audio in OBS syncing the sources Set your C920 audio sampling to match 48000

Also, turn off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling as it can cause issues

Lastly, run OBS as Admin

Try that Do a short stream or recording then post a new log

Ankay

Okay, not sure if it's the source of the problem but your audio sample rate on your C920 audio is 16000 while your Headphones and OBS output is 48000 This will cause a mismatch in the audio in OBS syncing the sources Set your C920 audio sampling to match 48000

Also, turn off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling as it can cause issues

Lastly, run OBS as Admin

Try that Do a short stream or recording then post a new log
Still having the same issues :(
I tried to launch obs as admin but i don't know it says that it is not active.

deFrisselle

Did you click on the OBS icon select properties then the compatibility tab and check run as administrator

Cyclemat is right, sound like it might be a USB bandwidth issue Was going to mention it but wanted you to try some other things to rule them out If you have USB 2 and 3 ports only plug the C920 into the USB 3 ports (different bus, should be blue) or check your device manager to see if you have more than one USB bus The front and rear ports are usually different buses and USB 3 (blue) plus USB 3.1 (red) will be two different buses
It's how I have my three webcams setup (C270, C920, C922) with no problems

Also, there was no stream or recording noted in your log That's needed to show OBS in use problems

Ankay

Did you click on the OBS icon select properties then the compatibility tab and check run as administrator

Cyclemat is right, sound like it might be a USB bandwidth issue Was going to mention it but wanted you to try some other things to rule them out If you have USB 2 and 3 ports only plug the C920 into the USB 3 ports (different bus, should be blue) or check your device manager to see if you have more than one USB bus The front and rear ports are usually different buses and USB 3 (blue) plus USB 3.1 (red) will be two different buses
It's how I have my three webcams setup (C270, C920, C922) with no problems

Also, there was no stream or recording noted in your log That's needed to show OBS in use problems
All of my USB devices are connected to USB 3.0 ports. And sorry I didn't do the log thing correctly : https://obsproject.com/logs/3ayNGJB7W6sXoz33
That problem is weird since on the logitech ghub software, the webcam looks fine, no freezes or anything.

picburg

Does someone fix it? I have the same issue, It is impossible to stream or record video normally ((
Also, I have a c920 and it has micro freezes randomly