Question / Help mic issues while streaming

Yoloswag

Hello guys.
Well, this is my first post ever asking for help, and im kinda desperate here.
So this is my issue, I,ve been streaming for about 2 months from now, I have an "ok" laptop that helps me stream the games I want, and a headset (jabra evolve 65) that I used to use at my job and now I use them for streaming games.
Now, I got a capture card a couple weeks back, the elgato hd60s, it´s amazing I can stream at 1080p and it works perfectly fine EXCEPT for the mic.
This is where the issue starts, when I start the stream everything goes fine, I can hear the audio from the game and from the mic perfectly, but after two or three minutes the mic starts to get laggy and choppy and then it disables itself, yes, completely (funny detail about the issue, when the mic starts to get choppy and laggy the audio coming from the headsets is different, like it sound better when the mic goes off). I have to unplug it (its an usb headset) plug it again and then go live again.
This happens every single time I stream using the capture card, now a funny thing, streaming using the amd encoder causes the problem that I just explained but using the software encoder fixes it, yup, no laggy or choppy sounds but using the software encoder makes the capture card video suuuper laggy.
Another funny thing, using streamlabs fixes the issue but not always. Im super desperate because i dont know what causes it I´ve been searching about it for weeks and I can´t find any solution. I think the solution is getting a 3.5mm jack mic.

Attachments

• 2019-09-17 17-42-13.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 20

Narcogen

17:52:56.038: adding 21 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 277 milliseconds (source: Video Capture Device)
17:53:52.941: adding 42 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 320 milliseconds (source: Video Capture Device)
17:53:53.522: adding 21 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 341 milliseconds (source: Video Capture Device)

Do you have other devices on the same USB controller as your capture card? The above lines indicate the computer isn't keeping up with the audio feed from your capture device.

Yoloswag

17:52:56.038: adding 21 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 277 milliseconds (source: Video Capture Device)
17:53:52.941: adding 42 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 320 milliseconds (source: Video Capture Device)
17:53:53.522: adding 21 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 341 milliseconds (source: Video Capture Device)

Do you have other devices on the same USB controller as your capture card? The above lines indicate the computer isn't keeping up with the audio feed from your capture device.
Do you mean like another usb devices?
Yep the headsets.

Narcogen

If possible you may be best served by having them on separate controllers. Not always possible, especially if you have a laptop.

Yoloswag

yeah, I have a laptop so it´s kinda hard.
Im trying to configure ndi because I have 2 laptops so I may have a chance xD

micsthepick

The other thing you might be able to try is reducing the format of the audio devices, unless they are already at 44.1 or 48 KHz because OBS only broadcasts/records at that format

Yoloswag

The other thing you might be able to try is reducing the format of the audio devices, unless they are already at 44.1 or 48 KHz because OBS only broadcasts/records at that format
Thanks for the reply.
I have the audio at 48 khz because it’s recommended by elgato.
I think I found a solution but im not sure if it was a real solution or I was lucky xD
I reduced my canvas resolution to 720p, originally I has it at 1080p. I did a test stream on Youtube for more than 30 minutes and not a single frame dropped nor mic problem. I’ll test it a lil bit more.
Thanks a lot guys