Media Source resizing aspect ratio of video.

Stream IT Support

Having an issue with adding a webm or mov video file. OBS changes the aspect of the original file. Not sure if this is an issue with just the MacOS version or the recent OBS updates. Don't recall seeing this issue before. Have tried the Filter > Scaling/Aspect Ratio to no avail. Does any one have some ideas or know of the cause? Thanks for any input.

Original file plays like this-
Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.08.58 AM.png

OBS outputs the video files like-
Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 11.06.23 AM.png

Not heard of this problem before but I always convert MOV's to MP4 when intended to use in my OBS streams. I find it easy for OBS to handle in 720 ratio and the system can cope well.

Stream IT Support

Not heard of this problem before but I always convert MOV's to MP4 when intended to use in my OBS streams. I find it easy for OBS to handle in 720 ratio and the system can cope well.
Appreciate the input. I am making animated social overlays and need a transparent background, so tried using webm V9 files and mov files. Both have the aspect ratio issue. Don't believe that mp4 is not going to work for my needs, as there isn't a way to preserve the alpha channel, correct?

Appreciate the input. I am making animated social overlays and need a transparent background, so tried using webm V9 files and mov files. Both have the aspect ratio issue. Don't believe that mp4 is not going to work for my needs, as there isn't a way to preserve the alpha channel, correct?
Yes you are right about mp4 not preserving the alpha channel. I have used keynote to do simple animated lower thirds, exported as Apple ProRes 4444 with transparent background and had no problem so maybe you should have a think about that option if you have a Mac.

Stream IT Support

******* Solved *******
Discovered the issue and it's not OBS interpreting the file. The format layout wasn't square. It was set for 1080p HD and that was causing the distortion with the file set to.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using Motion, so Keynote will not do what I want to accomplish. MOV and using Shutter Encoder works great and the files are way lighter, as a 950mb .mov file is 56mb in .webm format. So way better on the cpu/gpu pressure when running OBS. Have a great weekend.