Massive Network frame drops! HELP! <3

thellamapool

So 2 nights ago all the sudden I started getting crazy high network drops. I stream off a new Windows laptop, hardwired, 500 up 20 down.

Midstream I all the sudden started getting about 2% loss, annoying but manageable, this grew to 10-15%, the following day it was just as bad, before progressing to 50-60% loss which is the current norm. I've updated things on the computer, made sure the software was up to date, switched to wifi, switched from twitch to YouTube, just had my modem and router replaced an hour ago, logged in through my Mac tried both twitch and YouTube from there. Tried solutions recommended on here like Enabling Network Optimizations. Nothing is working! Save me! lol

My internet is stable and consistent. Any ideas?? Thank you in advance! <3

Lawrence_SoCal

What are you doing regarding real-time monitoring of your LAN, especially the WAN link (ie is anything else using upstream bandwidth you aren't expecting).. ie - may NOT be anything on your PC.

Or do you have streamelements, that PoS plugin often correlated with timeout issues causing network problems.

thellamapool

What are you doing regarding real-time monitoring of your LAN, especially the WAN link (ie is anything else using upstream bandwidth you aren't expecting).. ie - may NOT be anything on your PC.

Or do you have streamelements, that PoS plugin often correlated with timeout issues causing network problems.
I don't have streamelements, and I'm not monitoring real time, recommendations? Also just got a new modem and router set up about an hour ago, so no devices are on it except the laptops and my phone right now.

Lawrence_SoCal

Lots of previous threads on this exact topic.
I don't have a specific recommendation for you at this point on LAN/WAN monitoring as 'it depends'

sandrix

You should check your network hardware, drivers, software and contact your ISP's technical department. It is possible that the problem is caused by an overload or a network failure. In 90%, the problem is on the part of your ISP, which is not able to provide stable data streaming to the final server. For Twitch, you can analyze the speed and choose the best server with Twitch Test.

thellamapool

You should check your network hardware, drivers, software and contact your ISP's technical department. It is possible that the problem is caused by an overload or a network failure. In 90%, the problem is on the part of your ISP, which is not able to provide stable data streaming to the final server. For Twitch, you can analyze the speed and choose the best server with Twitch Test.
I spent a lot of time on the phone with my ISP and they swore it was all on my end. But yeah after testing on a Mac & PC and testing in OBS, SLOBS, and Twitch Studio and to Twitch and YouTube and having a consistent issue that seemed unlikely. Today all the sudden it’s perfectly smooth.