Markdown Source

Markdown Source 0.2.5

BillyC

Ah, my apologies - checked again and it looks like I can see the markup sources and change them when using TouchPortal, but they aren't showing up in Streamer.bot (just the normal GDI text sources). I guess I'll see what those folk say

Hi Exeldro,
When you create something I download, install then ask questions later, because your awesome and I can trust you. However, I need more instructions on this Markdown source. I can't seem to find a tutorial on youtube to figure it out. Are their any tutorials by you or anyone else? Thanks.

Exeldro

@Want To Learn add a source called markdown and type markdown formatted text in the text field. For how to format markdown there are lots of tutorials online.

Feel free to ask more specific questions so that I can help you understand this plugin.

iAmBendroid

With v0.2.4 manually installed from markdown-0.2.4-windows.zip (as I always do), I tested creating all Markdown Source/CSS Source combinations, and none of them display for me when using v0.2.3 and v0.2.4, but all do display when I replace those versions with v0.2.2:
  • Width: default (800)
  • Height: default (600)
  • Markdown Text/File: Test
  • CSS Text/File: default
    • body {
      background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
      color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 255);
      margin: 0px 0px;
      overflow: hidden;
      }
Markdown SourceCSS SourceDisplay?
TextCSS TextNo
TextCSS File (test.css)No
TextSimple Style (default settings; Arial Regular)No
File (test.md)CSS TextNo
File (test.md)CSS File (test.css)No
File (test.md)Simple Style (default settings; Arial Regular)No

Last edited:

Exeldro

When I use those setting the test text is small, but it is there:

1718819328570.png

Are there special characters in your windows username or source name making C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/obs-studio/plugin_config/markdown/SOURCENAME.html not load?

iAmBendroid

When I use those setting the test text is small, but it is there:

View attachment 104782

Are there special characters in your windows username or source name making C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/obs-studio/plugin_config/markdown/SOURCENAME.html not load?
  • I increased the font size to 200 in all 6 combinations and it did not resolve the issue.
  • There are no special characters in my Windows username, scene collection name, scene name, nor in my markdown source names.
  • I do not have an obs-studio folder in C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/ . I run OBS in portable mode, so the html file for each of my Markdown sources is in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\config\obs-studio\plugin_config\markdown.
  • Verbose OBS logs appear to contain no errors regarding markdown and markdown sources. There is no notable difference between a Markdown v0.2.2 and Markdown v0.2.4 verbose OBS log of OBS launching, loading my new Test_Markdown source collection, and then OBS shutting down.

iAmBendroid

As a test, I copied my Markdown html files in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\config\obs-studio\plugin_config\markdown\ into C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\plugin_config\markdown\ , and, even with the files in both locations, none of the 6 combos display in OBS when I use Markdown v0.2.4, but do when I use Markdown v0.2.2.

iAmBendroid

As another test, I created a copy of C:\Program Files\obs-studio, imported my Test_Markdown source collection, confirmed that it was using Markdown v0.2.4, and ran that OBS copy NOT in portable mode, and that resolved the issue! This makes it appear as if Markdown stopped supporting OBS' portable mode starting with v0.2.3. If that is what happened, was it intentional? More importantly, are there plans for Markdown to support OBS' portable mode again in the future?