macbook pro frames rendering lag about every 3 seconds

torytang

I'm using my Macbook pro(with M1 pro) to stream and record.
And I found that although what I saw on the monitor was smooth, the obs was lagging. The most confusing thing is that about every 3 seconds the obs lag one frame. It is so cyclic !!!!
Here is the stats, I think the reason is Disk full in(approx.), however my mpb's storage is sufficient(178.27 GB of 494.38 GB used):
1668916148080.png

Here is the setting of my obs:
1668916166529.png
1668916192103.png
1668916207501.png

Why don't you configure all your resolution to 1920 x 1080, from the camera/capture device through to streaming and canvas/monitor, so that way the system wouldn't have to use resources to encode, rescale or record. Streaming at 1080 alone is a huge task for the CPU. BTW you are recording in UHD/4K by the looks of it.

torytang

Why don't you configure all your resolution to 1920 x 1080, from the camera/capture device through to streaming and canvas/monitor, so that way the system wouldn't have to use resources to encode, rescale or record. Streaming at 1080 alone is a huge task for the CPU. BTW you are recording in UHD/4K by the looks of it.
I have tried to configure all resolution to 1080, but it didn't work(sad). I use 4K because I learned that scale 4k down to 1080 would get a higher quality streaming. BTW, this doesn't result in the rendering lag.

anzidmtg

Was there any resolution to this? I am doing some graphically intense work on my M2 MBA and am also running into rendering lag. From what I can gather, it just means the GPU isn't able to keep up? Correct me if I'm wrong there, but the next step would be to calculate how much work your GPU is being put to. The GPU history in the Activity Monitor is kind of nondescript, wondering if there are better ways to troubleshoot

torytang

Was there any resolution to this? I am doing some graphically intense work on my M2 MBA and am also running into rendering lag. From what I can gather, it just means the GPU isn't able to keep up? Correct me if I'm wrong there, but the next step would be to calculate how much work your GPU is being put to. The GPU history in the Activity Monitor is kind of nondescript, wondering if there are better ways to troubleshoot
unfortunately, I haven't found any resolution. I still get this problem though I just open few apps TAT

foetus2042

Hi,

The issue comes from newer versions of OBS. As our wise papiborrito found out (https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/sudden-frames-missed-due-to-rendering-lag.155497/) using OBS v27.0.0 works:

It also fixed the issue for me.

Hopefully this older version has everything you need, otherwise you may try higher and higher versions of OBS and check from which version the bug appears.
Cheers!