Sudden Frames Missed Due To Rendering Lag

papiborrito

Hi guys,

I have had a very strange thing happening to my OBS today. Yesterday I did a stream and everything ran properly (log file attached), but when I started up my OBS to stream today I had massive FPS loss, the stats dock stating that my 'frames missed due to rendering lag' was really high. I had to turn off all my overlays to make it work slightly smoother. Note: I did not change anything in my OBS and didn't even touch my laptop overnight. I tried restarting OBS, my macbook, my PS5, none made a difference. Even with the PS5 turned off it had massive FPS loss. I'm completely confused, and I'm afraid it might be an issue with my macbook.

This is the log of today: https://obsproject.com/logs/YtE5piWGaaqf0ZPq

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S.: In before I get comments on 'old OBS version', about a month ago I got an annoying pop-up on OBS startup stating "Twitch information not found" (other than then message there were no issues), so I decided to update my OBS and Streamelements plugin. Afterwards, I got extreme FPS drops everywhere, and it wasnt fixable. Afterwards I had to do a manual rollback from my backup on my Ext HD (as Streamelements doesnt provide old versions), which didn't completely fix it but at least made it better. Still I can't believe that I cannot update anything without it breaking.

Attachments

• 2022-04-10 16-55-57.txt
    332.2 KB · Views: 10

papiborrito

If anyone is interested in the solution to this, none of the helpdesks that I contacted were able to help (or react) at all, but I figured it out myself. It is not the prettiest solution, but it seems like my 2016 Macbook Pro does not like to work with any new versions of OBS, but runs smoothly with outdated versions (such as OBS 27.0.0 which I am using now).

THUS: anyone having lag or framerate issues on Mac, try to install an older version of OBS and see if that changes anything.