Loupedeck support with v28 beta on Mac M1

brayncostanich

helllloooo lovely OBS folks!

I've recently got a loupedeck/razer streamy controller thingy and it's very nice. big upgrade from my little stream deck 2x3.

however, i can't seem to get it to work with OBS v28. It always says "OBS is not running."

I'm on an M1 Macbook Pro, and the non betas would not work, but v28 is working beautifully (er, sans this, but this is likely a loupedeck issue).

wondering if anyone knows the magic combination to make this work?

NOAverse

Get Loopback (software) and use the official version 28 or downgrade to make it work. Using loopback, you can then list all your individual sound sources separately and integrate them into obs.

I can't say anything about Loopdeck.

brayncostanich

I think you might have misunderstood the question. I'm not trying to pipe audio. I'm trying to use LoupeDeck to switch scenes and such in OBS.

NOAverse

If you want to use your Loupedeck to control OBS 28, you need the Midi Plugin which is currently not available for M1.

MacSims

For others that may run into this problem:

I got my Loupedeck Live (5.2.2.13602) to work with OBS 28.0.2 on a MacBook Air M1 using the websocket plugin for 4.9.x (as described in the support document linked above), but if I quit OBS and run it again, Loupedeck doesn't see that it's running. But if I "Stop Loupedeck" (from the Loupedeck menu item) and start it again, it will find OBS.