Lost screen recording - Please help

JohnsonSisrajah

Hi anyone

could guide me on how to recover a live webinar screen recording. I recorded about 30mins recordings out of 2.5 hours of recording this is a log is there a way to get the full recording?

19:29:33.214: ==== Recording Start ===============================================
19:29:33.214: [ffmpeg muxer: 'simple_file_output'] Writing file 'C:/Users/Johnson/Videos/2022-06-09 19-29-33.mkv'...
19:29:34.111: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 69 milliseconds (source: Audio Input Capture)
19:29:34.111:
19:29:36.760: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 92 milliseconds (source: Audio Input Capture)
19:29:36.760:
19:29:37.206: adding 116 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 208 milliseconds (source: Audio Input Capture)
19:29:37.206:
20:10:21.671: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 232 milliseconds (source: Audio Input Capture)
20:10:21.671:
21:43:04.100: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 255 milliseconds (source: Desktop Audio)
21:43:04.100:
21:43:04.109: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 278 milliseconds (source: Desktop Audio)
21:43:04.109:
21:43:04.130: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 301 milliseconds (source: Desktop Audio)
21:43:04.130:
21:45:04.282: [ffmpeg muxer: 'simple_file_output'] Output of file 'C:/Users/Johnson/Videos/2022-06-09 19-29-33.mkv' stopped
21:45:04.282: Output 'simple_file_output': stopping
21:45:04.282: Output 'simple_file_output': Total frames output: 34542
21:45:04.282: Output 'simple_file_output': Total drawn frames: 237553 (243933 attempted)
21:45:04.283: Output 'simple_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 6380 (2.6%)
21:45:04.289: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
21:45:04.323: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 34517/34645 (99.6%)

konsolenritter

Hi Johnson,

welcome aboard. It's even worse, unfortunately. What your log says is that your computer seem to be well underpowered for the task of recording at all. More frames were lost to performance issues than made it onto your harddisk (being recorded). Even the lines reporting audio buffering issues show serious bottlenecks in your system.

A recording that wasn't made correct couldn't be recovered, uuh? If you leave a theatre during a live play, how could you expect to have experienced the whole thing afterwards? ...I think you got it.

While you hadn't provided the whole log file, we assume that your computing equipment has serious performance issues in general (to weak for the task). No more could be said in detail without detailed knowledge.

Lesson to learn: If there are important things to record, ALWAYS (i repeat: ALWAYS) do extensive checks and test recordings in advance.
Sorry to have no better news.

koala

It is not clear if the computer is underpowered, because @JohnsonSisrajah, you didn't post your complete log that includes system info and encoder configuration. With the current settings, 99.6% of all frames were skipped due to encoding lag, that means your computer isn't powerful enough to support the current encoder settings. At some point in time, the encoder simply gave up and stopped encoding.
You need to tune down your settings: lower resolution, lower fps, lower encoder preset. If available, use a hardware encoder.

JohnsonSisrajah

Hi Johnson,

welcome aboard. It's even worse, unfortunately. What your log says is that your computer seem to be well underpowered for the task of recording at all. More frames were lost to performance issues than made it onto your harddisk (being recorded). Even the lines reporting audio buffering issues show serious bottlenecks in your system.

A recording that wasn't made correct couldn't be recovered, uuh? If you leave a theatre during a live play, how could you expect to have experienced the whole thing afterwards? ...I think you got it.

While you hadn't provided the whole log file, we assume that your computing equipment has serious performance issues in general (to weak for the task). No more could be said in detail without detailed knowledge.

Lesson to learn: If there are important things to record, ALWAYS (i repeat: ALWAYS) do extensive checks and test recordings in advance.
Sorry to have no better news.
Konsolenrittr thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my request .... did know all this tech to change my computer, not up to mark attached is the complete log

Attachments

• 2022-06-09 19-26-19.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 15

JohnsonSisrajah

It is not clear if the computer is underpowered, because @JohnsonSisrajah, you didn't post your complete log that includes system info and encoder configuration. With the current settings, 99.6% of all frames were skipped due to encoding lag, that means your computer isn't powerful enough to support the current encoder settings. At some point in time, the encoder simply gave up and stopped encoding.
You need to tune down your settings: lower resolution, lower fps, lower encoder preset. If available, use a hardware encoder.
Koala, Thank you for your feedback brother attached the whole log to konsolenritter reply

Lawrence_SoCal

It appears you have configured OBS to use software (CPU) encoding on a 5 generation old Ultra low-power laptop CPU subject to thermal throttling.
As mentioned above, you should try to use QuickSync (hardware encoding)