Look-Ahead not working...

Kaba

When I bought my new graphics card (GTX 750 ti) the ''Look-Ahead'' option worked perfectly and greatly improved the quality of my streams and recordings (with bfs set to 4) over time I noticed that the quality of my streams and recordings went down too low without having moved anything in the obs settings

I've tried uninstalling obs and resetting its settings, but none of that worked.

I tried updating my graphics card drivers and even uninstalling my graphics drivers and reinstalling them and it didn't work.

I tried to go back to a previous version of obs, even 32 bit versions and it didn't work.

I've tried trying streamlabs and turning on the "look ahead" option and didn't notice any change in quality.

Before this option worked fine, I have no idea what could have happened to make it stop working for me. The games work very well and I have not had any problems with the graphics card

Does anyone know about my problem?

sandrix

I would like to take a look at your OBS settings. Could you start stream for 30 seconds and then create a log file as shown in the thread

Kaba

I would like to take a look at your OBS settings. Could you start stream for 30 seconds and then create a log file as shown in the thread
https://obsproject.com/logs/8TnQLvjmAHelu9SN

my bitrate is 1300 very low I know but it's what my internet can handle streaming, that's why the ''look ahead'' option helped me a lot.

thanks for help me.

sandrix

The one main function look-ahead is to adaptively change b-frames. The option does not affect the bitrate control speed. If you are streaming dynamic content, then it is better to disable look-ahead and specify 2 b-frames. If you stream, for example, strategies, then in this case you can increase the number of b-frames to 3-4 and enable look-ahead. In short, for shooters, anticipation will only make matters worse. the number of b-frames will often change. B-frames are the most compressed frames and are vulnerable to artifacts in fast video fragments, but are extremely useful, because compress the video more.

4 b-frames, look-ahead off
scale_1200

4 b-frames, look-ahead on
scale_1200

Now think about what type of content you are streaming and set the necessary parameters. Most often use 2 b-frames and disable look-ahead

You clearly need to do something with the speed of the Internet, and this is the main problem. If you're streaming on twitch, use this utility to accurately determine the best values.

sandrix

For video recording, do not be afraid to specify a high bitrate. This does not affect performance. Bitrate directly affects the quality of the video and its size. 8000-15000 kbps will be the optimal value.

Also, I do not rule out that the reason is OBS 28. This needs to be checked.

rockbottom

^^

Thx, it does appear to be the new version. Looks like the latest driver for the GTX-750 is 473.81, OP may need to keep using v27.x.x.