Logitech LCD Plugin 1.0.0

Hephaistos

OBS crashs directly after starting.
LCD Plugin Version: 0.10.0

Log:
Code:
Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2016-11-15, 12:59:50
Fault address: 7FFECEF33BA5 (c:\program files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\logilcd.dll)
libobs version: 0.16.5
Windows version: 10.0 build 14393 (revision 447)
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @ 3.30GHz

Loaded modules:
Base Address                      Module
00007FF7AB640000-00007FF7AB85A000 C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe
00007FFEDD130000-00007FFEDD301000 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
00007FFEDADF0000-00007FFEDAE9B000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
00007FFED98C0000-00007FFED9ADD000 C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
00007FFED7220000-00007FFED729A000 C:\WINDOWS\system32

I had to shorten the log, because it is to long to post it here.

It crashs directly, if I wan't to open OBS.
Ok, I have a few questions as I don't have this problem:
How long does your OBS normally take to start up (with out the plugin installed)?
Are you running any other plugins that don't come with OBS?
Which LCD do you have (monochrome like G13/G15 or colour like G19 or both)?
Does the crash happen with the 32bit plugin as well?
Can you post the whole crash log (upload it via the upload file button next to the Post Reply button)?

Hephaistos

I use G13.
But now your LCD Plugin works, I have no idea how it comes. Oo
If OBS crashs again, then I post the whole requested data. :)

Thanks for your support!

Andersama

I feel like I'm missing something because I've extracted the .dlls and nothing happens, I saw the original plugin has an additional .dll, is that also supposed to be included?

Side note:Using G510 keyboard

After throwing combinations of .dlls everywhere: Having no luck getting this to work, no errors thrown or anything.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm missing something because I've extracted the .dlls and nothing happens, I saw the original plugin has an additional .dll, is that also supposed to be included?

Side note:Using G510 keyboard
How did I miss that...

Yes, there should be another .dll and yes it is the same one that was included with the classic version. I will fix it when I get home.

You can move/copy the .dll (if you still have it) from the obs classic Program Files/OBS folder to obs-studio/bin/32bit or obs-studio/bin/64bit depending if you used the 32bit or 64bit of obs classic.

Andersama

How did I miss that...

Yes, there should be another .dll and yes it is the same one that was included with the classic version. I will fix it when I get home.

You can move/copy the .dll (if you still have it) to obs-studio/bin/32bit or obs-studio/bin/64bit depending if you used the 32bit or 64bit of obs classic.

Ahhhhh the /bin/ folder...well...let me have a go at that~

~Well I'm having 0 luck getting this to work~

Ahhhhh the /bin/ folder...well...let me have a go at that~

~Well I'm having 0 luck getting this to work~
I've updated the download to include the .dlls that I think were missing. Although I don't have them in the correct place so I have no idea why my installation is even working...

Andersama

Ok, so there were even more .dlls missing. I've tried extracting the updated .zip and there appears to be a bit of an extra time for OBS to load, but I'm still getting nothing. Think you've probably got .dlls in your path that would make a difference?

I don't suppose you use the /data/obs-plugins/ path or have any other requirements?

Ok, so there were even more .dlls missing. I've tried extracting the updated .zip and there appears to be a bit of an extra time for OBS to load, but I'm still getting nothing. Think you've probably got .dlls in your path that would make a difference?

I don't suppose you use the /data/obs-plugins/ path or have any other requirements?

There is nothing in the data path. It takes about 5-10 seconds for the plugin to startup, so make sure you give it a bit of time. Also, make sure you cycle the apps on your LCD in case it isn't given focus.

Do you have a log I can look at? I'm curious to see if OBS is trying to load the .dll and failing.

I just downloaded a clean copy (from the zip, not installer) and installed just the plugins folder .dlls and they work on their own, so I may have something in my environment set up that's helping, but IDK what. I am confused. As far as I can tell, the plugin should not work on my system the way I have it set up, but it does, and it should work on yours, and it doesn't.
I'll have another look tomorrow.

LegionPlaysLoud

Switching scene collections is pretty much a guaranteed crash for me with this plugin.

Crash log attached.

Attachments

• Crash 2017-04-16 02-16-05.txt
    50 KB · Views: 62

Slegnor

I don't have this problem so I don't know what's going on. Are you using a monochrome (G13/G15/G510) or colour (G19) keyboard? How long does OBS take to start up?

I use a G510s monochrome
OBS takes a 5-6 seconds to load due to a large slideshow, but it was doing this without the slideshow as well.
Same slideshow was running in v18.0.1 and no crashes

Does load time affect the plugin? I noticed you ask the load time question a lot

Last edited:
Does load time affect the plugin? I noticed you ask the load time question a lot
Sort of. The plugin requests information from OBS that requires OBS to be fully (or almost fully) running. If I'm right (and I might be wrong), if a plugin asks for the information before OBS has it to give, it results in a crash. But your load times are probably too short for this to be the issue.