Resource icon

Logitech LCD Plugin 1.0.0

User123

If I remember correctly, a profile in OBS classic could only be dedicated to Streaming or Recording but not both at the same time.
Since OBS Studio allows for both Streaming and Recording within the same profile, I'm not sure how you will be able to implement them both into the Logitech LCD Start/Stop button.
Or do you plan on making 3 separate plugins?
Plugin1: Stream/Record at same with LCD Start/Stop button
Plugin2: Only Stream with LCD Start/Stop button
Plugin3: Only Record with LCD Start/Stop button

No, OBS Classic could record and stream at the same time. I exploited the streaming or recording buttons being disabled when the profile was set to just one to work out what the classic plugin should do.

With OBS Studio, you can't set to just do stream or record so I can't check the buttons. So, as you say, I can't know the users intent. I'm not going to make three plugins (I'm too lazy). I'll probably just have a user config somewhere so people can choose.

Or I could be evil and have the program randomly decide...

Hephaistos

Logitech LCD Plugin Version 0.9.3 crashes OBS Studio at startup.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Fault address: 7FF8384E3C2A (c:\program files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\logilcd.dll)
libobs version: 0.14.2
Windows version: 10.0 build 10586 (revision 0)

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Logitech LCD Plugin Version 0.9.3 crashes OBS Studio at startup.

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Fault address: 7FF8384E3C2A (c:\program files (x86)\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\logilcd.dll)
libobs version: 0.14.2
Windows version: 10.0 build 10586 (revision 0)

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Have you ever used an older version? If so, was it a problem with the older version too?

Which LCD are you using? Mono, colour, both?

How long does it take, precisely, for OBS's UI to appear after you (double)click the icon?

I have a hunch about what might be causing it.

Hephaistos

Yes, I used the version before 0.9.3 was released, there was no problem with OBS.
I use Logitech G13 (Multicolor (Monochrome)).
If I start OBS it takes about 6 Seconds before the UI appears (at the same time the error message).

PS: Sorry my bad english.

Yes, I used the version before 0.9.3 was released, there was no problem with OBS.
I use Logitech G13 (Multicolor (Monochrome)).
If I start OBS it takes about 6 Seconds before the UI appears (at the same time the error message).

PS: Sorry my bad english.

Thanks. I won't be able to do much for a few days but once I get in front of my PC I'll see if I can make a fix.

Oxize

Bump, any fixes soon? I like the plugin verry much, but i need Studio mode for the transitions also. Can't use the plugin now. Please make a fix for this problem.

Bump, any fixes soon? I like the plugin verry much, but i need Studio mode for the transitions also. Can't use the plugin now. Please make a fix for this problem.

No fixes yet. If the problem is what I think it is, it's to do with getting the current scene. There is some new API coming with the next OBS update so I'm not going to go bug hunting for the LCD plugin until that's released. The new API is adding access to starting and stopping the stream and recording which I want to add back in to get this the same as the Classic plugin. I don't want to play around and spend ages fixing something when a fix may already be on the horizon.

Oxize

I am just fast. But i guess the new API wasn't in this update so far i readed the release notes?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
The new front-end API was released with 0.16.0, I'm not sure how that didn't make it into the release notes.