Resource icon

Logitech LCD Plugin 1.0.0

adocilesloth submitted a new resource:

Logitech LCD Plugin - Adds support for Logitech monochrome and colour LCD displays

This plugin adds support for Logitech Colour (G19) and Monochrome (G15/G13/G510) LCDs.

The Plugin
The plugin displays your stream fps, stream bitrate, stream time, dropped frames and live status (live/not live) It also shows if your desktop or microphone are muted. The picture shows what all the symbols/text look like.

For the Monochrome LCD, the default display is fps, bitrate and stream time. The alternative display is fps, bitrate and dropped frames. You can toggle between displays by pressing the button furthest to the right. If you are live is also shown.

For the Colour LCD, the fps, bitrate, stream time and dropped frames should display. If you are live is also shown.

Notes
The plugin preferentially pulls information for streaming over recording. If you are streaming and recording simultaneously, the stream information will be shown.

Some users may find that the Monochrome (G15/G13/G510) display may not show correctly on Windows 10 systems. This is the result of the font used by the Logitech SDK, MS Mincho Regular, not always being installed with Windows 10. I leave it as a task for the user to find a download for this font (google MS Mincho Regular).

Pictures
14206984779_feaa299671_o.png

Source
If you are interested or just want to see how bad my coding is, source code is available on GitHub

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Nightcover

This seems interesting. I have downloaded it and put the files where they belong but how do I activate it on my G15?

This seems interesting. I have downloaded it and put the files where they belong but how do I activate it on my G15?
It should automatically come into focus when you start OBS. If it doesn't, press the round button to cycle to it.
If that doesn't work then check that the app lists in the Logitech Gaming software under the G15 tab. If it doesn't, I've screwed something up.

Nightcover

It should automatically come into focus when you start OBS. If it doesn't, press the round button to cycle to it.
If that doesn't work then check that the app lists in the Logitech Gaming software under the G15 tab. If it doesn't, I've screwed something up.

I got it working. I had misplaced the plugin in \obs-studio\data\obs-plugins instead of \obs-studio\obs-plugins Sorry about that :)

Last edited:

Kane

This looks great. Is there any chance on seeing this add a recording and a timer to recording while streaming. Sadly I hate how OBS Studio seems to not show both recording / streaming. Now that I don't need 2 OBS open for diff bitrates it kind of sucks not seeing if I'm even recording let alone the timer.

Tivec

I just downloaded this, but it seems that it does not work. The plugin dll files are in the correct folders as per comment above (\obs-studio\obs-plugs\64bit\LogiLCD.dll) but it refuses to start up. It is obvious that it is actually started, because if i try to move or modify the file, it get an error message that the file is in use. Still, it does not show up in the active apps for my G19s.

In the log file it simply states this and nothing more about it:

21:20:48.807: Loading module: LogiLCD.dll

Anything I can do?

This looks great. Is there any chance on seeing this add a recording and a timer to recording while streaming. Sadly I hate how OBS Studio seems to not show both recording / streaming. Now that I don't need 2 OBS open for diff bitrates it kind of sucks not seeing if I'm even recording let alone the timer.
It is probably possible to do. I'm not sure if/when I will do it though as the monochrome is fairly full of stuff anyway. If you are only recording it will show the info for the recording (fps, up time) but not if you are recording and streaming which you are trying to do and already know.

I just downloaded this, but it seems that it does not work. The plugin dll files are in the correct folders as per comment above (\obs-studio\obs-plugs\64bit\LogiLCD.dll) but it refuses to start up. It is obvious that it is actually started, because if i try to move or modify the file, it get an error message that the file is in use. Still, it does not show up in the active apps for my G19s.

In the log file it simply states this and nothing more about it:

21:20:48.807: Loading module: LogiLCD.dll

Anything I can do?

No. I done goofed. It looks like the colour LCD thread isn't being called properly (I could swear it was before...). So it doesn't work for the G19 for the moment. Will try to fix asap.

Tivec

@Tivec Let me know if anything actually shows up. I'm not sure if my colour LCD emulator is screwing up or if the colour LCD does just show a weird line.

adocilesloth updated Logitech LCD Plugin with a new update entry:

Colour LCD fix

I tried downloading the update, but it doesn't actually seem like I am getting the new version. The file I get have date modified on february 13th, and if I replace the old one it still won't show up. Am I misunderstanding the update system on this page?

Tivec

So apparently I needed to update the version number to get it to upload the new file. Please try now @Tivec

File updated to newer version, but unfortunately no go on the app showing up on my G19s :( the DLL is loaded, but nothing shows up. I've also made sure to check the Logitech software that it isn't visible there. There is an OBS entry, but that's from the old version of OBS, none the less it is ticked and works fine on that version.

File updated to newer version, but unfortunately no go on the app showing up on my G19s :( the DLL is loaded, but nothing shows up. I've also made sure to check the Logitech software that it isn't visible there. There is an OBS entry, but that's from the old version of OBS, none the less it is ticked and works fine on that version.
Ok. That's somewhat unexpected. Not sure what's going wrong. Can you try to run the emulator and then launch OBS?

Press and hold ctrl and shift
Right click on the gaming software icon in the system tray.
Click on LCD Emulator (may take a couple of tries to get it to appear)
In the window that opens, click tools -> Monochrome -> Start
Launch OBS.

The monochrome emulator should switch to the OBS plugin if it's all working. If it does appear and it doesn't on your G19 then I have screwed something up. If it doesn't, I may still have screwed something up but something else.

It sounds like you used the other version too. You could try copying the LogitechLCD.dll from ../Program Files/OBS/ into ../Program Files/obs-studio/bin/64bit/ or ../Program Files/obs-studio/bin/32bit/ (make sure to use the correct .dll from old OBS to match new OBS). LogitechLCD.dll is a .dll that Logitech used to supply with the SDK but don't any more so I doubt this will work but worth a shot.

Tivec

Ok. That's somewhat unexpected. Not sure what's going wrong. Can you try to run the emulator and then launch OBS?

Press and hold ctrl and shift
Right click on the gaming software icon in the system tray.
Click on LCD Emulator (may take a couple of tries to get it to appear)
In the window that opens, click tools -> Monochrome -> Start
Launch OBS.

The monochrome emulator should switch to the OBS plugin if it's all working. If it does appear and it doesn't on your G19 then I have screwed something up. If it doesn't, I may still have screwed something up but something else.

It sounds like you used the other version too. You could try copying the LogitechLCD.dll from ../Program Files/OBS/ into ../Program Files/obs-studio/bin/64bit/ or ../Program Files/obs-studio/bin/32bit/ (make sure to use the correct .dll from old OBS to match new OBS). LogitechLCD.dll is a .dll that Logitech used to supply with the SDK but don't any more so I doubt this will work but worth a shot.

Unfortunately, even with the emulator it does not show up on the Monochrome LCD, nor on the other. I tried copying over the DLL, but no go there either :(

Unfortunately, even with the emulator it does not show up on the Monochrome LCD, nor on the other. I tried copying over the DLL, but no go there either :(
Oh dear, that does not sound good. Before I go and try to break it for myself, can you please try re-download the plugin.
Extract the .zip and then drop the root folder (obs-studio) into ../Program Files (x86) (or where ever your root obs-studio folder is). This will guarantee that the right .dlls are in the right place (which they probably are, but I'd like to double check anyway).

In the meantime, I will try and see if it works for me on a different PC.

Tivec

Oh dear, that does not sound good. Before I go and try to break it for myself, can you please try re-download the plugin.
Extract the .zip and then drop the root folder (obs-studio) into ../Program Files (x86) (or where ever your root obs-studio folder is). This will guarantee that the right .dlls are in the right place (which they probably are, but I'd like to double check anyway).

In the meantime, I will try and see if it works for me on a different PC.

Sorry mate, no go :( Redownloaded, extracted to where I have the software and got the message the files would be overwritten, did so, but unfortunately no go :(

Is it safe to assume this only works on Windows?
Yes and possibly no.

Yes in as much as the download only has the built plugin for Windows.

Possibly no in as much as I think (emphasis on the think) that the code for the plugin itself is portable to a Mac. I believe that there is a Mac SDK for Logitech Gaming stuff which I would assume uses the same calls which may possibly come with the mac version of the Logitech Gaming Software. If someone were so inclined, they could build the plugin for a mac. With out a mac, I can't check if this is actually true or not so take it with a pinch of salt.

Ultimately, though, the answer is yes, it is Windows only. Thanks for tagging it as such :)

LordDuke

I have a small problem with the plugin. The plugin works and i can see the info on the screen but the start/stop stream, Mute Mic and Mute desktop doesnt works.. the only one that works is the "change display button". I have a G15 (the first model) and with the OBS classic works fine.

I have a small problem with the plugin. The plugin works and i can see the info on the screen but the start/stop stream, Mute Mic and Mute desktop doesnt works.. the only one that works is the "change display button". I have a G15 (the first model) and with the OBS classic works fine.

Yep. I know. As noted in the OP, these are not implemented yet:
To do
Capture current Scene and display on LCD
Find and implement a way to start/stop stream
Find and implement a way to monitor and control desktop and mic volume levels