Question / Help Live Streaming Video

thejourney1232

I have a Cannon XA10 video camera that I am trying to do a live stream video feed for our Church services. I purchase a capture card which is plugged into the camera via HDMI cable, I see the red box on the screen and it appears to be reading the Camera but I still do not see a picture. Any suggestions on what I might try?

millmacc

I have a Cannon XA10 video camera that I am trying to do a live stream video feed for our Church services. I purchase a capture card which is plugged into the camera via HDMI cable, I see the red box on the screen and it appears to be reading the Camera but I still do not see a picture. Any suggestions on what I might try?
One suggestion is to make sure your settings allow OBS accessibility to your computer. It hasn't helped me but maybe it will you. system peferences-security/privacy

FerretBomb

Which capture card are you using? Where is your logfile?

Most commonly this occurs when a new user tries to add a New Video Capture Device source for a second scene, instead of using Add Existing. Most VCDs can only be accessed by a single program at a time, and each VCD Source in OBS counts as a separate 'program'. Also commonly, another program on the machine (like Skype, Discord, Zoom) will have 'grabbed' the capture device as its webcam input, again preventing OBS from being able to use it.