Resource icon

League of Legends Scene Switcher

Readygolol

do you mean this?

this is my file paths
Program Files\GarenaLoLTW\GameData\Apps\LoLTW\Game\Logs\Game - R3d Logs

1.png

Zeentch

I have an issue with LoL Scene Switcher, when ever it tried to choose the in game scene from tabbed out it crashes i don't know why and the scene switcher wont work for me unless i have the tabbed out active :(

Sphere

this is my file paths
Program Files\GarenaLoLTW\GameData\Apps\LoLTW\Game\Logs\Game - R3d Logs
That's what i meant yes. That's not very different to the NA filepath tho. If you select
"Program Files\GarenaLoLTW\GameData\Apps\LoLTW\Game\" as your League of Legends path in the plugin settings it should work (assuming the content of the log files is the same).

I have an issue with LoL Scene Switcher, when ever it tried to choose the in game scene from tabbed out it crashes i don't know why and the scene switcher wont work for me unless i have the tabbed out active :(
I'm not sure whether i understand. What exactly do you mean with "choose the in game scene from tabbed out"? Also does it crash when changing the settings of the plugin? Or does it crash when you tab out of your LoL game and the plugin tries to switch to the "tabbed-out-scene"? It also might help me if you could post a log file of the plugin. You can find it by typing %appdata% into the adress bar of your file explorer and then going to "OBS\pluginData\LoLSceneSwitch.log".

Last edited:

Zeentch

I'll see if i can get you the log file but looking in that log file now it contains nothing, not even that :eek:

But i will reproduce the issue and see if the logfile gives anything.

Also my issue is this:

Streaming goes fine but it doesn't swap between anything unless i go in game (also have to chose the in game scene myself), while being in game if i tab out then it switches fine to the "tabbed out of lol" scene just fine but when i go back into LoL and obs is supposed to go to the In Game scene again then obs crashes.

Edit: added the log file and a picture of the crash.

Attachments

• obs_crash.png
    obs_crash.png
    306.2 KB · Views: 85
  • LolSceneSwitch.log
    755 bytes · Views: 71
Last edited:

Sphere

Alright, the bug appeared because Riot changed the content of the log file quite a bit. I just updated the plugin accordingly, should work fine now. Thx a lot for the bug report Zeentch, i don't stream myself so I won't notice if a LoL patch breaks the plugin.

Note: Unfortunately with the changes in the log file it's (at least for now) not possible to check if Twisted Treeline is being played. If you use unique scenes for each map and are playing Twisted Treeline, it will instead show the Summoners Rift scene for now. I will try to get it working as soon as possible.

Zeentch

Okay, well still great that i could help, ill start using this and will let you know if anything breaks again :)

I'm a bit sad there isn't any "Main" window where you are located before you go into a game like the pvp net client, only shows the main window on "end message" should be one before as well so if the LoL Scene Switcher finds LoL Client running it automatically shows "chosen scene"

Sphere

oh nooo :eek:

Invalid Folder
The selected folder is not a valid League of Legends folder!
I just updated. If you download the dll files from the first post again it should work now.

I'm a bit sad there isn't any "Main" window where you are located before you go into a game like the pvp net client, only shows the main window on "end message" should be one before as well so if the LoL Scene Switcher finds LoL Client running it automatically shows "chosen scene"
The idea was to start your stream on the "Main" scene and set your "when lol gets closed"-scene to this "Main" scene as well. But i agree that it would also be nice to have a scene that gets activated when the LoL Client is in focus. I will hopefully add that soon (tm) :D

Last edited:

VinnyJ

The idea was to start your stream on the "Main" scene and set your "when lol gets closed"-scene to this "Main" scene as well. But i agree that it would also be nice to have a scene that gets activated when the LoL Client is in focus. I will hopefully add that soon (tm) :D

In the meantime, the other scene switcher plugin(scenesw.dll) can be used for that purpose.

Readygolol

sorry, my bad
i was use chinese for scence's name
now i rename to english
it works now!

OMG thank you thank you thank you <3<3<3

BigBouncingBob

Is this plugin still being developed? The few times I did get it to work, it was awesome & I would like to see it back in action. It gives my streams a little more depth when it switches between different looks for the game. Right now it causes LoL to crash when it tries to hook into game to detect if I'm in game or on the loading page, the client has no issues right now.

Sphere

Is this plugin still being developed?
Yes, I want to at least keep this working for each new patch, but I'm currently pretty busy at university with exams and stuff.

Right now it causes LoL to crash when it tries to hook into game to detect if I'm in game or on the loading page, the client has no issues right now.
Thanks for the report, i don't stream myself so i kinda depend on you guys telling me when a patch broke something. I hope to find some time tomorrow to fix this issue.

greetz, Sphere

BigBouncingBob

Yes, I want to at least keep this working for each new patch, but I'm currently pretty busy at university with exams and stuff.

Thanks for the report, i don't stream myself so i kinda depend on you guys telling me when a patch broke something. I hope to find some time tomorrow to fix this issue.

greetz, Sphere

I'll send you a bug report next time I stream. I'd like to see this working again. It's been a while since I've used this plugin due to it crashing League. But I decided to give it another try the other day, but with no luck. That's why I made the post. Anywho, it's good to see that this isn't dead & hope that it gets patched soon. Goodluck with your exams! ^_^

Sphere

I just tested a lot of different plugin-settings and they are all working fine for me. Couldn't find any issue. Also it's pretty weird that League crashes for you, the plugin doesn't hook into LoL or interferes with it in any way. It gets closest to LoL when retrieving the start time of the LoL process. You could try downloading the plugin again, i did a fresh build but I don't think that that will help.

Could you elaborate on your problem and upload your log file ("%appdata%\OBS\pluginData\LoLSceneSwitch.log")?

BigBouncingBob

Seems to be working again, not sure why it wasn't working the other day. It might have been because OBS wasn't running as an admin or something else. I'll try to look into it more, but I streamed for several hours today without much issue. One thing though, it seems a bug of some sort, when OBS d/c & then reconnected with twitch the plugin would randomly jump to one of the three scenes.

haduis

I tried setting my friend's league stream up with this plugin and he's reporting major lag in-game. Is there any way this switcher could be the problem?

He's reporting both FPS lag and network lag.

Sphere

One thing though, it seems a bug of some sort, when OBS d/c & then reconnected with twitch the plugin would randomly jump to one of the three scenes.
That's pretty weird... Do you have the plugin log for when that occured?

I tried setting my friend's league stream up with this plugin and he's reporting major lag in-game. Is there any way this switcher could be the problem?
Im quite certain that this is not caused by this plugin, it shouldn't really bother the cpu. Try streaming without the plugin. I'm pretty sure it won't do much.