First of all I'll list my specs:

RTX 2070
i9 9900k OC 5ghz
16gb ddr4 memory
2TB HDD (OBS is here)
200gb SSD
-----------------------------------
2x 144hz 1080p monitors

Now I will address my problems that I've literally spent hour trying to fix to the point of ripping my hair out,

So 5 days ago (26th October) i was streaming one of the main games that I stream on my twitch which is hunt showdown, I've got a decent computer and it handles the game well and frame-rates that are suitable for my 144hz monitor. I was using OBS to stream 720p footage at 60 frames per second while playing the game at an unlocked frame-rate which exceeded 100 in most cases and I ran into no issues keeping a close eye on my stats window. There was NO render lag, NO encoding lag, my GPS wasn't maxing it's load out and the stream was overall smooth............ here is video proof from my stream with on screen FPS counter.

(https://www.twitch.tv/videos/500007561)

Now fast forward 5 days and I load up the game and start streaming to my amazement my stream was lagging and chopping all over the place and was completely unwatchable, the performance was great in-game, as you would expect but the stream was just not getting handled well at all. I have changed no settings nor updated any drivers and after many, MANY hours of sitting infront of my computer tweaking and changing , uninstalling and reinstalling OBS, absolutely nothing seemed to work for me.

I am begging someone for insight and guidance to help me fix this problem, I've attached a fresh log that I took from a 30 - 60 second test stream that I did and replaced the stuttering and lagging before I uploaded this post that I know will get asked for.

Thanks again to anyone who has and ideas and suggestions :)

Kind regards, Nathan

Attachments

• 2019-10-31 20-41-37.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 87

Xephor

It doesn't look like anything is wrong from the logs? Is your framerate in OBS dipping? Does it look bad on the viewers end aswell or just the OBS preview?

Koops616

It doesn't look like anything is wrong from the logs? Is your framerate in OBS dipping? Does it look bad on the viewers end aswell or just the OBS preview?

It looks bad on the viewers end and in preview window. No frames are dropping for me in OBS or in game so I am super puzzled right now :/

Sp1tf1re

Took me some time to find such a post. I do have exact the same issue. Ingame everything is fine (good FPS, good quality settings), but on twitch it is lagging and unwatchable.
Did anyone find a solution?

Sp1tf1re

I want to add, this only happens in Hunt: Showdown. All other games work fine in Obs. So streamsettings are not too high for my computer.

Sp1tf1re

So I find my solution. I have to GPU's and I thought "SLI-/Crossfire Capture" has to be activated. When I disabled it, the Stream was fine.