Question / Help Lagging Video Stream

Narwhalist

Thanks so much for looking at this newbie's issue.
I just figured out how to stream in 1080p, but now the video is super lagged.
I'm not trying to stream a game, just stream video from my webcam. The only other thing I have open when I'm streaming is a couple of browser tabs.

I've added log files for the transition when I switched, I'm not sure what may be useful so I included all of them, playing with different settings trying to make it work.
Also included screenshots of my current settings. This is what I've gotten to run the smoothest, but it's still bad.

I'm wondering if updating to windows 10 would make a difference?

Here are my speed test results if that helps:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/19716991

Settings2.jpg

Maybe my laptop just isn't capable?

Attachments

• 2019-08-28 18-40-57.txt
    21.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 2019-08-28 22-04-40.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2019-08-29 19-22-17.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2019-08-29 19-24-38.txt
    74 KB · Views: 26
  • 2019-08-29 22-14-28.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 27

koala

You are overloading your machine. Your machine is not powerful enough to encode a 1080p video at 60 fps.
To get a working baseline for encoding, use Tools->Auto-Configuration Wizard.

Narwhalist

I ran the wizard and it dropped me back down to 720p.
Dang it. Is there anything I can upgrade on my computer to be able to steam in 1080p? What is it that's overloaded?

You are overloading your machine. Your machine is not powerful enough to encode a 1080p video at 60 fps.
To get a working baseline for encoding, use Tools->Auto-Configuration Wizard.

Narcogen

Most laptops have neither upgradeable CPUs nor upgradeable GPUs, so no. Logs show some overload of both.

Narwhalist

Thanks for the help, guys!

What minimum specs do I need to look for in a machine that would be able to handle high quality streaming like this?

Narcogen

Best i5/i7 you can justify and a late model Nvidia card. Best bang for the buck in terms of encoding right now is the 16xx line; no ray-tracing, but same Turing encoder as the 20xx cards.