Krisp.ai leaks Microphone Input into Display Capture Audio Output

WebPapm

Krisp.ai is a tool to remove noise and leave just your microphone voice in your recordings. It works great except that it leaks the mic input into the audio output (captured through MacOS screen capture - Display Capture) on my Macbook Air M1. I'm using Ventura 13.2.

Here are my settings (krisp support told me to configure it like that, in the end they said that OBS doesn't allow the selection of the "krisp speakers", making it impossible for me to filter out the audio output leak):

System Sound Settings:
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 18.12.39.png

Krisp Settings:
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 18.11.30.png

OBS Audio Settings:
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 18.11.47.png

OBS Audio Output Leak (from mic to screen capture):
Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 18.12.18.png

AaronD

So...you have an app that takes an audio input, does something with it, and sends the result to both a virtual mic that gets installed along with it, and to the normal system audio. You have both of those outputs turned on, and apparently, the Screen Capture also catches the system audio.

So just turn off the system output from that app, since OBS is using the other one.

krisp.ai guy

Hey there, this issue happens with any virtual mic, not just the Krisp mic. When you select a virtual mic, it triggers a parallel stream on the Screen Capture.
Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 13.06.23.png

can i use my microphone to be captured by desktop sound. i would like to turn off mic on obs. then use a different bossradio to capture my mic sound then send it to obs via desktop sound. can that be done.