Issues With Game Audio

ThisDudeSims

I have a problem and I feel like an idiot because there has to be something I've done wrong, but can't figure it out.

I am trying to record The Sims 4 and my microphone simultaneously. Using a Rode Podcaster plugged in via USB direct to the computer, OBS is able to hear all computer audio whether it be YouTube, music on my computer, videos on my computer, and all games including The Sims 4. However, it doesn't hear me at all and it's not registering on the microphone's audio indicator.

No big deal, I went to try a secondary set-up. Using a Rode Broadcaster plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 gen 2, OBS is able to hear all computer audio whether it be from YouTube, music files on my computer, videos on my computer, other games... but neither I nor OBS can hear Sims 4 at all. So I get my audio, but no game sounds and no game sounds are registering on the desktop sounds indicator (though, again, every other sounds from the computer is captured).

If I use the Podcaster to monitor and the Focusrite +Broadcaster to record myself, I can hear both and so can OBS. All sounds from all sources. It records fine.

Yes, I ensured that Focusrite was picked for audio and microphone when using solely the Focusrite and Broadcaster. I also ensured Podcaster was chosen for both audio and microphone when I solely used the Podcaster.

I'm not sure what's happening. It's not horrible to use both set ups simultaneously to get this to work, but it's hardly ideal because using the Podcaster to monitor while speaking into the Broadcaster I'm not able to monitor myself because I can't have one pair of cans plugged into two devices at the same time (at least as far as I am aware).

What am I doing wrong?