Issue with OBS disconnecting stream

Hi guys, I posted here last month about OBS liking to disconnect during my streams recently, even though prior to October, I had never had an issue with that happening. I completely uninstalled the program and did a fresh install, but it is still happening, granted this time it was only for a couple of seconds before it reconnected. I'll attach my log file for some context. Should I switch broadcasting software altogether? Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Attachments

• 2023-12-13 20-22-19.txt
    16 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-12-13 20-46-25.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 15

AaronD

Some unanswered questions in your first thread:

What needs to be answered specifically? For reference, I am using an ethernet cable, which worked just fine up until October, no disconnections or anything

qhobbes

21:50:31.204: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
"as the message says, the remote host closed the connection, because you have a poor connection or supplied an invalid stream key."
If it's not your key, then it's your connection between PC and Twitch.
Create a free Restream account, connect it to Twitch and OBS to Restream. Does this still happen?

21:50:31.204: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
"as the message says, the remote host closed the connection, because you have a poor connection or supplied an invalid stream key."
If it's not your key, then it's your connection between PC and Twitch.
Create a free Restream account, connect it to Twitch and OBS to Restream. Does this still happen?
I'm not quite sure I follow? I like the Hobbes pic though!

qhobbes

ReStream will allow you to narrow down the issue. If it works fine with RS, then there's probably an issue between ISP and Twitch. If same problems, then issue between you and ISP.

HyperCaster

We've been using OBS for years. Never had any disconnect issues until ver 30.0.2 (Didn't try 30.0.0). But now it randomly disconnects and reconnects throughout our stream every time we stream. We are going to have to go back to version 29 as the disconnects and reconnects cause the stream to dropout for our viewers for 10 seconds or so every time it does this. We did not have this issue on version 28 or 29. Not sure if this is your issue, but something to check as it sounds like about the right timing to when we started having this issue.

HyperCaster

I see in your log files you're using version 30.0.0, upgrading from version 29 to 30, is when our random disconnecting started. If you decide to try downgrading to version 29, please let us know if the disconnecting issue goes away.

Harold

I see in your log files you're using version 30.0.0, upgrading from version 29 to 30, is when our random disconnecting started. If you decide to try downgrading to version 29, please let us know if the disconnecting issue goes away.
It won't. Connection issues are not caused by updating. They are caused by factors outside of obs.