Question / Help Is it possible to have more than two channels of audio come through OBS?

Houseplantband

I just got a Scarlett 18i20 interface so that I can live stream the creative process of making music with multiple instruments on Logic Pro x. The problem is, only the first two inputs are reading in OBS when I need at least 5 inputs.

I have soundflower and my interface connected to a multi-output source and am hearing desktop audio fine as well as inputs 1 and 2 on a separate mic capture.

I’m runnin Catalina and the latest version of Logic Pro x. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there a way to combine the 8 inputs into 1? I’ve been pretty much pulling my hair out from frustration.

Narcogen

Not meaningfully without other software. OBS supports stereo and surround. Mapping an arbitrary number of additional channels needs to be done outside of OBS. For this purpose I use LoopBack.

DYSbomb

I'm trying to do similar. But I only want stereo. I'm using a Soundcraft MTK12 and the master mix are channels 13&14 but OBS has channels 1&2 selected and for the life of me I cant find where to change channels??

Narcogen

Same answer. OBS cannot select 2 arbitrary channels from a multichannel device. You need 3rd party software for this, either the ASIO plugin, or an external program like Voicemeeter.