Question / Help iPhone 11 Recording Choppy Sound

rickdelprado

Hi, I have been using OBS for about 6 months now, and have had no issues recording on an iphone 8. However I've upgraded to an iphone 11, and when I record using the same exact settings on the phone and in OBS the audio is recorded very choppy and unusable, meanwhile plugging in that older iphone 8 I have no issues.

I have seen some mention of El Gato being an issue with choppy sound, however I am not using El Gato in this specific case. My sources are IOS Camera, Display Capture and my Logitech Webcam. In my settings on OBS I have set the audio to 44.1khz.
When I use voicememo on my Iphone 11 I have no issues, so the problem seems to be with OBS either at the phone level or at the PC.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

radekradek

I can just confirm the same problem.
I use ipohne 11, iOS camera version 2.5.3-50 and OBS 24.0.2 on MACOS 10.13.6
The sound of the videos taken by iphone is OK
The sound from the computers build-in microfone is OK
But the sound from iOS camera in OBS is choppy. When I increase the sound level, I can hear a periodical increase and decrease of the background noise cca 3 times per second.
Regards

pt21

Does anybody know a fix for this? I'm on the newest OBS and the paid obs iphone app. I just upgraded from an iphone X to an iphone 11. the same settings but when I plugin the 11 it records the audio all choppy and is unusable

SoundBoy

Same problem here, I installed the pluggin but the sound is choppy, are there any plans of an update for newest MacOS and IOS ???

Narcogen

This is the community support site for Open Broadcaster Studio, OBS.

OBS camera is a separate project sold on Apple's App Store.

From their FAQ:

General
Q: Is this an Official Project from the creators of OBS Studio?
No, this is a unaffiliated project by a third party.