Internet Connection Issue

Divinus

Background: I built my first PC and started streaming using OBS about 2 months ago. I use Wi-Fi as Ethernet simply isn’t possible from my bedroom, however I have great internet (172 Upload/68 Download/18 ping/No jitter at the time of this post). On OBS 27 I never had any issues.

Since updating to OBS 28 I constantly have an issue where when I’m STREAMING ONLY, it’s almost as if my entire PC loses connection to the internet. Both my twitch stream and whatever game I’m playing go offline/DC and it usually takes a couple minutes to comeback on both ends. It may be once during the X amount of hours, it could be every half hour during the stream, no consistency.

Again, I never had this issue in the almost 6 weeks of OBS 27, and it only happens when I’m streaming, not when playing games off stream.

I have no idea how to trouble shoot the issue or any idea on why this is happening. Please help

pomeloart

How is it going? I've been having the same issue. It looks like it's a OBS 28 problem. I ended up downloading OBS 27.2.4 from github and it seems to be working fine (I'm doing a test stream right now and I'm at 22 minutes in, I usually got disconected betweent 3 and 8). I feel like the best option right now is just going back to v27, hopefully that works for you.

Divinus

How is it going? I've been having the same issue. It looks like it's a OBS 28 problem. I ended up downloading OBS 27.2.4 from github and it seems to be working fine (I'm doing a test stream right now and I'm at 22 minutes in, I usually got disconected betweent 3 and 8). I feel like the best option right now is just going back to v27, hopefully that works for you.
I had been considering doing that. Tell me, have you had that issue since going back?