Intermittent Audio Distortion Issue Affects Only Mic Input

ZalerAvon2021

I am having an intermittent issue where, while either streaming to Twitch or recording a video through both vanilla OBS and through Streamlabs OBS, the audio for my mic, the game audio, and my desktop will become very distorted

This will happen without warning, and I will only notice it either when a chatter mentions it or when I go back and look at the video later. This happens on both my SAMSON C01U and my SAMSON Q9U microphones. Closing OBS and reopening it will solve the problem. But this is a very frustrating issue that happens regularly enough to ruin a lot of the videos I make, and I would like a long-term solution.

I have gone through a painful series of troubleshooting tips so far, which include - checking updates, checking all audio/video drivers, recreating the issue with different audio output destinations, recreating the issue with my headphones plugged into the mic and with the headphones not plugged in, checking that the sample rate in OBS matched what it was in the Windows settings, disabling exclusive control for both the audio output and my mic, and using the AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalling my graphics drivers.

Attached is an example log file from 6/9/21, at around 10pm EST. This is an example from Streamlabs OBS, but it happens on vanilla OBS too.

I have 32gb of RAM, an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X CPU, a Radeon RX5700 GPU, a B450 Gaming Plus Max Motherboard, and TBs of free storage. So my specs shouldn't be an issue.

Attachments

• 2021-06-09 14-16-19.txt
    189.4 KB · Views: 47

ZalerAvon2021

Oh and yes, I did check in other programs and I had no mic issues anywhere else. Not in Windows Voice Recorder, Windows Camera (video recording), Elgato Game Capture, Discord, or Zoom

konsolenritter

I think you have a strong usb problem. Your log is permanently spammed with entries saying that obs trys to initialize your usb sound devices like the "Samson C01U Pro" again. "Device id [...] previously failed, aborting" sounds not really good.

Try to avoid different usb driven audio sources at once. There may be strong timing issues. Do you have onboad sound to check against?

ZalerAvon2021

I think you have a strong usb problem. Your log is permanently spammed with entries saying that obs trys to initialize your usb sound devices like the "Samson C01U Pro" again. "Device id [...] previously failed, aborting" sounds not really good.

Try to avoid different usb driven audio sources at once. There may be strong timing issues. Do you have onboad sound to check against?
I mean, technically I have a USB FaceCamera that's used by OBS and which has audio, but I always keep that muted.

I don't think my motherboard's audio output comes up in the Windows Mixer, assuming the B450 has one. How would I use that to check against, and how would I solve the strong USB problem?

konsolenritter

An... USB Facecamera with audio? Then there are at least three usb driven audio devices. We see in your log entries for "Samson Q9U" and "Samson C01U Pro", which are both USB-Microphones, isn't it?

With checking onboard sound instead it didn't meant your motherboards audio output. Sorry, i was not clear on that. What i mentioned is if your onboard sound does have a mic input to work with. Then would ask you to drop (just for the testing purposes) all usb audio devices to see if your OBS is working normally just with onboard sound. That would allow to localize or narrow down your problems to the usb audio devices.