Question / Help Intel Realsense Camera Problem

RealLetsPlay89

Hello,

I have a problem: I use the Intel Realsense D415 camera. But I have the problem that the camera is not recognized by OBS and I wonder all the time why and what I have to do so that it is recognized. My plan is to hide the background of the camera without having to hang a green screen.
I use Windows 10 64 bit.
I have a GTX 1080 from Gainward (graphics card)
And 32 GB RAM DDR4

Can someone help me please?

RobotMama

I have the same problem with my Intel Realsense D435 which is the same family as the D415. I reinstalled Intel SDK and also tried different Firmware Versions, but it only allows to add the Camera as a standard Video Cam not recognizing the depth stream for green screening. Does anyone have a tip on how to setup OBS with the Intel RealSense Cameras for using the depth stream for green screen effects?

RobotMama

BTW: If there is no support yet for that camera, I am a programmer and know the RealSense SDK and how to get the different Streams from the camera, I would love to contribute.

RealLetsPlay89

Can anyone help me please i still have the problem with that Camera ? And i dont know how it works on OBS with the Greenscreen ( Plugin on OBS )

RealLetsPlay89

I mean that Plugin on OBS: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera GreenScreen. I the camera: Intel Realsense D415. And i dont want a greenscreen behind me.

xcidius

Hello... i know this post was awhile ago but you are not alone... I have a 435 Realsense Camera and I cannot even get OBS to recognize. Did you ever solve this problem and I you did could you please advise. Thanks

kaio

You are not expecting anything from Depth through Video Capture Source. Green screen removal of RealSense camera supposed to be a separated source from plug-in. However, I used to have my SR300 worked in long ago but tried to set up again today with latest OBS and RealSense drivers+SDK. Sadly, installation of OBS did not provide an option to install RealSense plug-in. Predictably such plug-in did not appear when I want to add a source.

bengl3rt

The current OBS plugin depends on background removal functionality which was removed, pun intended, from the 2.0 version of the RealSense SDK. The newer D4xx cameras only work with the new SDK.

However, the new SDK does include some *example code* for background removal, so I got it working by modifying the align-advanced code sample to transmit NDI using the NDI SDK (because I use NDI extensively anyway in my streaming). I also set it to use a pixel format with alpha (BGRA) and had it fill in the background pixels with transparency instead of the color grey. OBS magically does the right thing with this.

It is equally plausible that this approach could be wrapped up in a new OBS plugin.

If that sounds like more coding than you want to take on, my other suggestion is to launch "rs-align-advanced.exe" which is in the "tools" directory of the RealSense SDK 2.0 installation, then do a window capture of that, and apply a chroma key filter on the grey background. I have not tested that but it may work.