Resource icon

Image Reaction 1.2

scaled

In regards to GIF in OBS, I discovered this a while back:

I kept running into an issue where OBS was using a ridiculous amount of resources, so much I had to hard reset the computer after a few minutes to even escape the program. I scoured the forums trying to figure it out, I never saw a clear answer so I started removing assets from the overlay including a couple of animated ones looking for anything that was a strain on the cpu. I discovered that while I was experimenting with webm and transparent video files to reduce the resource drain and still get the look I wanted (I couldn't properly encode them so I gave up on it) I had made all the gifs but one into a media source rather than an image source. One single 11 frame repeating animated gif was responsible for thousands of dropped frames over a 2 hour stream. Once I changed it to a media source my stream was perfect.

The reactive images in this now include gif, so I gave it a try. OBS normally takes up about 8-15% cpu in task manger with my two gif images in the overlay, with the reactive image it jumped to 26% and dropped frames every few seconds, which I think because it's treating the gif as an image source rather than a media source, much like the problem I had before.

This was with Envenc encoder, but I'm not sure it matters, because the problem was originally occurring regardless of the encoded, without even actively streaming or recording.
My computer is a windows 10, Intel i5 4670, with 24gb of ram and nvidia gtx1650 gpu if that helps any.
My plugin based on original Image Source plugin. I originally maked it for static images. Probably i can cache gifs or something, but firstly i need to fix most crashes on some setups.

Chuzz

This is awesome, Scaled! Thanks again!
Is there any chance you could add support for video ( for a longer loop)?
(I have loaded a video with an alpha channel which looks great but does not play, it just shows the first frame)
It would be awesome to be able to load videos as well.

CountVlads

This little plugin has been such a life savers. I was playing around with VoiceMeeter Macro Buttons, trying to get a static image to swap to a GIF when I spoke, I spent like two days fiddling with it. Then I came across this. Insert 2 files and basically ready to go.

MrMarvellous

Is it possible to add multiple audio sources to detect audio for a one image? If you could implement that, that will be awesome.

QmiiProductions

No, i don't own anything apple related. Source code is open, so if you find someone with mac, who knows how to compile plugin, you're welcome.
I tried compiling it, and I think I have a solution. I noticed your code was based off of Spectralizer. That plugin’s developer was able to make a mac installation with a .so file as its source code. (However, this was the old way I installed Spectralizer - I just found out that its devs also made a complete mac installer. Fortunately, the old version still works on my mac OBS with the .so method.) I suggest you go check with those Spectralizer devs to see how they made a mac installation. HOMEBREW IS THE KEY!!!

Kwaktillo

Can someone please help me with this plugin. I have added all the files to obs studio, but i can't find anything in the sources named 'image reaction'. Please, for anyone that has figured this out already, tell me. I also can't find any tutorial online.

HaRin

That plugin seems so good! But actually I have a small problem - I have that "Image Reaction" already inside as a source, but it still doesn't react to any kind of sound (I made 2 different pictures inside to see it reacts or not).. I wish that reacts to any kind of TTS in the stream chat, could anyone help or know what to do?

MarkMaker36

Does anyone have a tutorial video I can use? I'm not sure how to get this to work, even though I moved the file to its' proper place... I'm very confused, I'd love to use this, but I need help.
Also, can this be used to react to sound coming from a specific window, instead of a microphone? I'd love to have a character appear to read the text-to-speech messages on my streams.

EddieTheBear

Hello! Your plugin works amazing, though I have one question!
I'm currently using a TTS for the 2 images in the plugin, and for some reason sometimes it leaves it at the "Talking" image even though there is no sound.

Thoughts?

hardwin27

hi. so i tried to record a video using the plugin, but my avatar didnt change at all. is it only possible to work on streaming or i need to set up something first?
InkedmessageImage_1648344511289_LI (2).jpg

TheOceanCookie

Hi love the plugin! i have a suggestion, could you make it possible to add more than two images that activate on different volumes? i want my png tuber thing to have a screaming face in addition to quiet and normal talking face. i was able to get this by adding two image reaction sources, only add the image when sound on the second one, make the threshold louder then first source and just put in front of the first source but its inconvinient and you can see a little bit of the normal talking image behind the screaming one. either way this plugin is way better than using discord to have a sound reacting image :D

scaled

Hi love the plugin! i have a suggestion, could you make it possible to add more than two images that activate on different volumes? i want my png tuber thing to have a screaming face in addition to quiet and normal talking face. i was able to get this by adding two image reaction sources, only add the image when sound on the second one, make the threshold louder then first source and just put in front of the first source but its inconvinient and you can see a little bit of the normal talking image behind the screaming one. either way this plugin is way better than using discord to have a sound reacting image :D
You can just add another instance of "image reaction" with transparent image at silence, and different threshold and overlap first instance.

yeehawsimulator

I've been using this plugin for a couple weeks on my laptop for streams for a couple weeks now and it works great to give chat interaction with a TTS redeem - however, I'm currently using a completely different computer for when I play heavier games and I'm putting all of my current stream set-up onto this computers OBS and the plugin doesn't seem to want to show up even though I followed the exact steps I did with my laptop. Any help?

TheOceanCookie

switched from png to gif and its invisible now (the gif is not showing) tried many different file formats but nothing else can even be chosen.

Wibs

Hi, is there any chance of adding additional images? I'd like to rotate between 4, but sadly I don't know C :(