Resource icon

Image Reaction 1.2

MrCardboard

Hi there, nice plugin, very useful for vtuber !
I just have an issue with gif, I can see it, both gif are correctly switching when my mic is on or off but it's like the gif isn't starting
Also, do you plan to add more features like webm support ?

scaled

Hi there, nice plugin, very useful for vtuber !
I just have an issue with gif, I can see it, both gif are correctly switching when my mic is on or off but it's like the gif isn't starting
Also, do you plan to add more features like webm support ?
I planned to add some animations. I haven't thought about gif's and webm's, it originally created as reaction to sound from Discord, in addition to my own avatar. But it's a good idea.

MrCardboard

Right now I'm using a mix of Discord StreamKit Ovelray and a personalized CSS to do what your plugin can do but it rely on the discord app, so your solution is a huge improvement and it's definitely easier to use ! Adding animations is a very good idea, I'll follow the development of your plugin with great interest !

MrCardboard

Just tried the latest version with gif support, it work flawlessly, good job !
Edit : Also, I don't have any conflict between your plugin and spectralizer, everything is fine from my side

Last edited:

scaled

Thank you for feedback. I test my plugin with native OBS and under Wine, because i rarely have access to Windows machines. And i usually worried if i changed something, and don't test for long period of time.
I don't notice conflict with spectralizer on GNU/Linux side, will test Windows version later.

EvolutionOfWar

Hello! I was looking for this exact type of plugin, since using it with discord requires a lot of setup.

Using it with GIFS, seems to work pretty well. Very rarely it seems to maaaybe not play the talking gif but that might be my mic not picking me up.
Thank you for your hard work! I look forward to using this

On Windows 10.
Please let me know if you need any more details.

Edit: Oddly enough, if I'm using a Push To Talk mic as my audio source, and I speak into the mic without activation, the image will still react even if the PTT mic on OBS isn't picking up sound.

EvolutionOfWar

I feel like it seems to cause quite a bit of lag, and I'm running on 32 gb RAM and on a GTX3070. Might be causing both frame drops and instability in bitrate while streaming. Haven't had any of that ever.

Also, I think on opening OBS, I have to replace the talking gif to make it work.

EvolutionOfWar

I feel like it seems to cause quite a bit of lag, and I'm running on 32 gb RAM and on a GTX3070. Might be causing both frame drops and instability in bitrate while streaming. Haven't had any of that ever.
Disregard this, I was on x264 encoding for some reason.
Will have to check to see if it works on Opening( might be caused by the crashing)

scaled

Ok, will try to test with PTT and not PTT microphones this later. I usually use one always enabled microphone and setup it in global settings, so probably it's a reason why i can't reproduce a bug.

EvolutionOfWar

Ok, will try to test with PTT and not PTT microphones this later. I usually use one always enabled microphone and setup it in global settings, so probably it's a reason why i can't reproduce a bug.
Yeah I just double checked. In Global Audio Devices, I dont have any mics enabled there, and I go scene by scene. Just tried it again and can still reproduce it. Can also send you vod links if you'd like.

Also the issue with replacing the image was probably just my end due to using wrong encoder.
I also still get the crash everytime upon closing though.

TheRealAlpha2

In regards to GIF in OBS, I discovered this a while back:

I kept running into an issue where OBS was using a ridiculous amount of resources, so much I had to hard reset the computer after a few minutes to even escape the program. I scoured the forums trying to figure it out, I never saw a clear answer so I started removing assets from the overlay including a couple of animated ones looking for anything that was a strain on the cpu. I discovered that while I was experimenting with webm and transparent video files to reduce the resource drain and still get the look I wanted (I couldn't properly encode them so I gave up on it) I had made all the gifs but one into a media source rather than an image source. One single 11 frame repeating animated gif was responsible for thousands of dropped frames over a 2 hour stream. Once I changed it to a media source my stream was perfect.

The reactive images in this now include gif, so I gave it a try. OBS normally takes up about 8-15% cpu in task manger with my two gif images in the overlay, with the reactive image it jumped to 26% and dropped frames every few seconds, which I think because it's treating the gif as an image source rather than a media source, much like the problem I had before.

This was with Envenc encoder, but I'm not sure it matters, because the problem was originally occurring regardless of the encoded, without even actively streaming or recording.
My computer is a windows 10, Intel i5 4670, with 24gb of ram and nvidia gtx1650 gpu if that helps any.