Question / Help I started streaming this year, and I've run across some issues.

FredBore

I started streaming this year, and had some success, but then I upgraded my gpu to a 1660 super, I thought this would improve streaming performance but I've been having the 'encoding overloaded' error and can't find a fix. I tried changing all settings to minimum, and it even happens when I'm not streaming a game just my audio. I did change the process priority in task manager and that fixed it temporarily, but soon it returned. I am also having issues adding eq plugins, I can't get them to show up in the filter options no matter what, I've tried downloading different plugins(reaper, voxengo), 32bit and 64bit versions, I can't find anything helpful online.
I hope you'll be able to help me.

D

Deleted member 246571

What are you encoding with? x264 or NVENC? (the purpose of buying a Turing card is to utilize the Turing encoder)

carlmmii

FredBore

What are you encoding with? x264 or NVENC? (the purpose of buying a Turing card is to utilize the Turing encoder)
I'm using NVENC h.264, that's the main reason I went for a 1660 super over a 5600 or 5500xt amd counterpart.
However, I posted this on Reddit too and have had some advice I think had fixed it, turns out I needed to lower my bitrate.
But, I haven't had any advice on the problems I've had with adding filters to my audio, can anyone help with this?

carlmmii

VST plugins need to be installed into their specific directory (this is universal for all VST plugins). Once in one of the expected directories, OBS will recognize it, and it should be able to be added as a filter by choosing the VST2.x filter.

You should still post a log file to figure out if you need to change anything for your encoder settings. Bitrate does not impact encoding overload except in extreme cases.

FredBore

VST plugins need to be installed into their specific directory (this is universal for all VST plugins). Once in one of the expected directories, OBS will recognize it, and it should be able to be added as a filter by choosing the VST2.x filter.

You should still post a log file to figure out if you need to change anything for your encoder settings. Bitrate does not impact encoding overload except in extreme cases.
Ok will do.