Question / Help I need help with recording videos on obs

assortedfilms

Hello there I would like some help on getting the best settings I can for youtube recordings I have a i9-9900K and a RTX 2080 TI now which encoder should I use since I have both. My upload is 17 Mbps and my download is 80 Mbps does this matter for bitrate on local recordings or no, I just need help with all the settings cause I don't know which are good and if certain things like look ahead and psycho visual tuning needs to be on or off, also if it's not to much to ask what are good editing software's you guys use. Cause I want to get more into editing.

BigYuckFou

use NVENC encoder. turn off look ahead and psycho visual tuning only if it makes your game lag or your stream lag.
Place B frames to 4.
profile high
preset quality, as max quality will use your GPU cuda cores and if you are playing a game like BFV it will lag out
keyframes=1 on high motion on 2 for slow games
do not rescale output here

under video settings set your base canvas to the resolution you play at, then set output to the resolution to what you want to stream at, keeping the aspect ratio the same. I suggest 1920x1080@60fpos for both
stream and be happy :)

I had the 9900K overclocked to 5ghz on all cores. it was still not enough to get x264 settings high enough to beat the NVENC encoder.

assortedfilms

use NVENC encoder. turn off look ahead and psycho visual tuning only if it makes your game lag or your stream lag.
Place B frames to 4.
profile high
preset quality, as max quality will use your GPU cuda cores and if you are playing a game like BFV it will lag out

under video settings set your base canvas to the resolution you play at, then set output to the resolution to what you want to stream at, keeping the aspect ratio the same. I suggest 1920x1080@60fpos for both

I had the 9900K overclocked to 5ghz on all cores. it was still not enough to get x264 settings high enough to beat the NVENC encoder.
ok thanks mate for that its really helpful

assortedfilms

Place B frames to 4.
profile high

my one question is what do you use as your bitrate when recording videos

carlmmii

Use CQP - this is a quality-based option, as you should be targeting a specific quality, not necessarily a bitrate to get you the quality you want. The lower the number, the higher the quality. General guidance is anywhere from 14-22. Test to find which quality you're happy with, and leave it there.

assortedfilms

Use CQP - this is a quality-based option, as you should be targeting a specific quality, not necessarily a bitrate to get you the quality you want. The lower the number, the higher the quality. General guidance is anywhere from 14-22. Test to find which quality you're happy with, and leave it there.
ok thanks mate this will help me out a lot