I need HELP please with Intel arc a770

valueHD

That doesn't really matter, at least not by these generations of graphic cards. If you search for some benchmarks between pcei 3 and 4 you wouldn't see too much difference. Currently the newest graphic card doesn't take full advantage from pcie 4. That I know the only graphic card that is bullshit at pcie 3 is rx 6500xt because it only uses 8 lanes or something like that. Anyway you have nothing to worry about.

Yeah, there's a little perfomance loss, but that loss percentage doesn't worth the 150$~250$ for a new mobo with pcie 4.

Some comments from people experience from reddit.

So the final question is even on 3.0, the rtx 4060 will perform much better than A770 and rtx 2060, right ?

rockbottom

My testing at x8 4.0 proved otherwise but my system is high end so you'll need to test the lower end to find out.

rockbottom

I'm heading out soon but if you want to try & get the Intel to behave before you take it out, post the log from that streaming session you did.

valueHD

I will, but i start my stream in 1h and finish after 4h, i will post it.

Should i press "upload log" while i am in stream or after i finish stream ?

rockbottom

After you finish the stream. Close OBS & re-open OBS, then post the previous log. It will be the complete log of your streaming session.

valueHD

Still the same with micro stuttering ( game not smooth ).
After i change everything to 1440p the quality is indeed good
Obs not shutdown random
Tiktok studio still cannot open, it start freezing and workload is hard ( before with rtx 2060 was flawless )
I've try everything.. is bad than before...

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXi5pP3sZ3o ( min 00:39:12 ), many people maybe can't even see what i am talking about, but i can't stand this microstuttering, because before i didn't have this problem with a garbage GPU comparing to this one ), also, playing on console.. there is problem on ps5 here

rockbottom

Both logs are truncated & worthless. No encoding session in either.

Micro Stuttering - Beware your recordings will ALWAYS stutter running that monitor @ 144HZ. It should be operating @ 120HZ or better yet 60HZ when using OBS.

valueHD

Hi again guys, so i did this:

Format computer, CLEAN format, reinstall all latest drivers, first i installed Intel Arc GPU, then the rest including elgato capture card.

Then i add in obs just elgato with gameplay from PS5, so nothing run in backround in the streaming pc.

I try literally all combos of settings, high preset, low preset, high bitrate, low bitrate, canvas 1440p ( same as what is output from ps5 ), i try 1080p, i try even to change HZ from 60 to 59,94 ( as the PS5 send ), i verified audio to be same channel, i try obs with high priority, above, normal.

Nothing has change... i have still the microsttutering ( is the only problem from now that i have.. )

This is from obs: https://obsproject.com/logs/tff8uvLQPJOo0Pgr

What can be the problem for microsttuters ?

rockbottom

There's some rendering lag in almost every attempt. Rendering lag is GPU overload. Run OBS @ 1080p & test again....

rockbottom

The Elgato audio is lagging too & it started throwing an error.
04:28:09.358: DShow: HDevice::ConnectPins: failed to connect pins (0x80040207): The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn't exist

valueHD

@rockbottom Its weird.. because lets say the A770 struggles, right ?
I even try on 1080p with the worst settings possible like low bitrate, low presets and even here, times to times i have little microsttuterings/spikes, and in this case i can run this 1080p settings with even a 2 times worse card than 2060 or a770...

Also the elgato 4k60 pro mk.2 its brand new, installed also like others on fresh windows clean install... what could be the problem for lagging ? ( elgato )

rockbottom

Not weird, the A770 is a few steps down in performance from the 2060. I still don't think it's all on the A770 though.

The StreamDeck plugin hasn't been addressed, it looks like there's a conflict there. You need to figure it out or just remove it.

The audio buffering was in the first log & remains in the second. According to the log, it's coming from the Elgato, I would test with it removed from the mix & see if it improves.

valueHD

I fix the stream deck plugin
I still not fixed... and i've try everything, i upload another log from obs.

I think the only remaining issue might be:

Either because i put A770 which is 4.0 pci into 3.0 mobo ( because i dont have 4.0 )
Either because Elgato hd60 mk2 pro needs mobo with higher speeds like 4.0, i dont know..

ps: I go into the bios and i have some settings in Advance PCI or PCIe, im not an expert which it can be set to X2 or X4, now it's set on X2, i try to put X4 but i cant, it boot again in bios and it say that if i stay on X4 will disable my sata 4/5, something like that...

Please guys.. what can i do ?

obs log: https://obsproject.com/logs/uGPaCnqM2Hrxseu2

valueHD

if i set in OBS-> Elgato -> 1440p resolution ( in log say 1920x1080 ), if i put in elgato 2160p resolution ( in log will say 2160p ).

I let now 2160p in obs.. in both case i have micro stuttering..

koala

ps: I go into the bios and i have some settings in Advance PCI or PCIe, im not an expert which it can be set to X2 or X4, now it's set on X2, i try to put X4 but i cant, it boot again in bios and it say that if i stay on X4 will disable my sata 4/5, something like that...
Keep such bios settings at default. Never change these.

However, mentioning x2 or x4 pcie speed make me remember the graphics card has a mandatory dedicated slot in the motherboard. Usually, it's the slot nearest to the CPU. Consult your motherboard manual and make sure your A770 is in the correct slot intended for the graphics card. In case your motherboard supports multiple cards cards, you still don't have a choice of slots. If you're adding only 1 graphics card, you have to put it into the one slot dedicated for a 1 graphics card configuration.

rockbottom

Yeah, it sounds like it's installed in the wrong slot. Configuration is bungled, GPU is nerfed... The correct slot is generally the Top Slot. It should be running @ x16 3.0, verify with GPU-Z