Bug Report I have been getting this issue since last night.

Rosscoe

3oNVHpw.jpg

This is the error I been getting since last night. I was able to do a full reboot and it fixed itself today the same trick did not work.

I tired different video file types, name types, made a new folder, ran administrator mode on it, it just does not want to record videos and its rather annoying. Will I have to do a full reinstall and annoyingly setup all my scenes again? Or has a work around been figured out? Cause I know for a fact I have plenty of disk space (505 gigs worth)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rosscoe

I might have found a fix for this and anyone else having this issue.

Windows 10 has filter system programmed into it to prevent apps from making new folders and stuff. I just rebooted OBS after allowing OBS to be allowed to do so in the security settings for windows 10 and got it to record again.

However I dunno if this a fluke or it actually fixed it. Any rate if you want to try this for yourself go into your Windows Defender Security control centre, then click on the word link for virus and theart protection settings, from there look for Controlled Folder access, if its on (and liekly is for a good reason) under it look for the word link Allow a app through Controlled Folder Access, once in there click on the add icon and look for the OBS.exe version you use (32bit or 64bit) and select it and then click on open folder button and its set.

Again this was either a one time fluke and its recording again or this controlled App access safety feature really was the problem.

Rosscoe

Turns out the above with Windows Defender was indeed causing the issue, not just with OBS but game save datas too were not being allowed to write files.

Hope this helps!