I can't seem to find the right settings for me. I need help!

pigo

I'm trying to stream using OBS but once in awhlie my bitrate drops, goes red and then my frames start to drop as well. I've tried changing my OBS settings and I would either get dropped frames with fluctuating bitrates or good bitrate but the streams would be pixelated. I am in Canada so the ISP I'm with is Rogers. I've contacted them and gave them detailed descriptions with what I was doing and what I was having trouble with. It's been an ongoing issue and I would really like some help on this.

My PC is connected directly to the modem so I am not streaming over Wi-Fi. Below I will have a screenshot of my speed test results along with my PC specs and ofcourse, here are my log files from my last stream https://obsproject.com/logs/HoCZpEJ8K-NhdBvF.

I would like to also add that my area currently had an outage but I've this issue has been happening before the outage has happened.

Attachments

• specs.png
    specs.png
    62 KB · Views: 18

qhobbes

1. Please be aware that having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
3. Settings, Advanced, Network, enable "Dynamically change bitrate...."
4. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link via this troubleshooting tool or whichever support chat you are using.