Question / Help I am not getting NVENC x264 in OBS but i have nvidia GPU ?

Jagget

That was fine up to 23.0.1 for me

2019-03-19_12-57-31--Shadow.png

2 versions side by side: 23.0.2 and 23.0.1

koala

The GTX 580 is too old for nvenc. It is based on the Fermi chip, which physically doesn't contain the nvenc circuit. No version of OBS and no other software will ever be able to use nvenc on this GPU, because it isn't physically there.
Nvenc was added with newer Nvidia GPU generations, GTX 6xx and later.

Older versions of OBS offered nvenc even for older cards, but if you tried to actually use it, it failed. The current version of OBS has a detection for GPUs that support or not support nvenc, so it only offers nvenc if it is actually usable.

Last edited:

FloopyBloopy

The GTX 580 is too old for nvenc. It is based on the Fermi chip, which physically doesn't contain the nvenc circuit. No version of OBS and no other software will ever be able to use nvenc on this GPU, because it isn't physically there.
Nvenc was added with newer Nvidia GPU generations, GTX 6xx and later.

Actually,I have a friend which is using NVIDIA GPU which is lower than me but he has that nvenc option he showed me that option so that's why i am asking

koala

Please look at the edit of my previous post. Your friend will not be able to actually use nvenc if he has a too old Nvidia GPU. If he insists that he is able to use it, please provide a logfile with a successful recording/stream, so the developers can update the nvenc detection.

FloopyBloopy

Please look at the edit of my previous post. Your friend will not be able to actually use nvenc if he has a too old Nvidia GPU. If he insists that he is able to use it, please provide a logfile with a successful recording/stream, so the developers can update the nvenc detection.

Ok,I will ask him thanks for helping me out! :)

Jagget

OK. I'm just saying that I have Quadro P5000 which supports NVENC, but OBS 23.0.2 fails to detect it