Hue/tint changes on motion, streaming on youtube

Airwood

Hi
Like the title says, problem with hue/tint when i move around in factorio, it looks good on in OBS but not on youtube.
It goes between red and yellow and makes it really hard to fix colour levels.
I can´t upload to github atm so I attach the log file and if you see any other problem or improvements that i can fix/change to make the stream look better in the logs please let me know.
My internet is 100/100 so upload speed should not be a problem

Thank you kindly for your time.

Attachments

• 2021-07-21 09-53-54.txt
    14.3 KB · Views: 24

konsolenritter

Try the following trick:

1. Upscale your output resolution (not the base res) to 2560x1440.
2. Stream to youtube and look if it gets better. In fullscreen yt player look into the "stats for nerds" if the codec is then "vp9" (in the moment its avc1 for you)
3. If so, stream a couple of minutes or hours here and then by this resolution.

(4. - at least for me - i experienced, that youtube keeps vp9 as codec even if i return to 1920x1080. :)

Airwood

Try the following trick:

2. Stream to youtube and look if it gets better. In fullscreen yt player look into the "stats for nerds" if the codec is then "vp9" (in the moment its avc1 for you)

(4. - at least for me - i experienced, that youtube keeps vp9 as codec even if i return to 1920x1080. :)
Thank you, I will try and se whats happens

konsolenritter

If that trick with vp9 doesn't fit, there won't any better codec (for now) on youtube, i fear.

Maybe that the graphics tiles of your play have a structure within, that may change its color by moving. Not the tiles themself, but regarding the spatial layout of color pixels in the display, due to the fact that the rgb pixels don't sit on top each other. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-crystal_display#/media/File:Wiki_dell_lcd.jpg

So it may depend from the refresh rate in combination with spatial movement that colour shifts arise from the speed and direction in which tiles are moved.

Last edited:

Airwood

Try the following trick:

It worked :)
Thank you so much for your help and time.

konsolenritter

Thank you for reporting back. Glad i could help out.
Forget point 4 as stated yesterday. Going back to 1080p30 youtube keeps me at vp9, while going 1080p60 they switch me back to avc1 again. Crazy. :(