How to use hidden notes/scripts when recording the screen

AndreiBarbu

Hello everyone! Happy new year!

I would like to record my screen while I have on the same screen some notes/scripts from where I can read, but that notes not to be recorded during screen recording. I have multiple monitors but I find inefficient to read from one monitor and record the other.

I searched how to achieve that, but couldn't find anywhere.

I am using Windows 11.

Thank you!

koala

You cannot exclude an app from display capture. Display capture just captures everything on the monitor. Instead of display capture, you can capture the app you want to show with window capture. This will not include the app you're showing your notes with. If you want to show multiple apps, add a window capture for all of them and arrange them on the preview as you need.

However, the best solution is really displaying your notes on a separate monitor. Or, if you're recording yourself and add a webcam, to not record yourself looking sideways, put your notes on a tablet or mobile you place below your monitor. But if you add a webcam, you can also place the webcam source in OBS over the app that's displaying your notes, so you will see the notes, but in the recording is your webcam image instead.

AndreiBarbu

Hello @koala ! Thank you for your answer. I don't record my face. After a lot of research, I assumed that recording the entire display will not provide me the possibility of adding some hidden notes. My goal is to open multiple windows (Chrome, Visual Studio Code and maybe others) but not one over the other. I would like to record Chrome, then switch to Visual Studio Code while I have another tool opened (like notepad, sticky notes etc) which is not being recorded.

I opened this thread for this question: https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...and-switch-automatically-between-them.162906/

kdm

Hello @AndreiBarbu , May be you can use tool like deskpin which is always on top and would not be recorded while recording screens
here is the screenshot of notepad with deskpin. Its sits at the bottom of your taskbar, open and just click enter the pin and pin it on your notepad where you have written script, read it while recording OBS, You can switch between sources be just turning on and off eye icons,

Attachments

• deskpin_tool.png
    deskpin_tool.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 187