How to use both display capture and window capture simultaneously?

DeatH_StrikeR88

Hello everyone I need a help. I was planning to create video to compare CPU, GPU and RAM usage between game launchers like VALVE STEAM, EPIC GAMES, GOG etc. So, as much I have observed and did research I do need to capture both display and the window of TASK MANAGER simultaneously. But I don't know if this is possible or not as I don't own any PC or laptop.

So, I request please if possible, then try to clear this doubt. I would've done experiment or tried it myself if I had a laptop or PC.

Thanks in advance

konsolenritter

To be honest you will have a lot of experimenting and try and error waiting for you. =D

If you're going to compare CPU and GPU usage between different game engines and launchers you should exactly know what to do and have deep insights.

Of all things comparing cpu and gpu usages means that absolutely no obs or over stuff should block or reserve any cpu or gpu resources on the the same computer, the device-under-test (DUT). Your DUT is the laptop or pc running the games you wish to compare between. So especially to this matter you are strongly encouraged to use a second pc or laptop for obs and use a common capture card. Didn't even use NDI, cause it uses resources on the gaming machine, too.

DeatH_StrikeR88

To be honest you will have a lot of experimenting and try and error waiting for you. =D

If you're going to compare CPU and GPU usage between different game engines and launchers you should exactly know what to do and have deep insights.

Of all things comparing cpu and gpu usages means that absolutely no obs or over stuff should block or reserve any cpu or gpu resources on the the same computer, the device-under-test (DUT). Your DUT is the laptop or pc running the games you wish to compare between. So especially to this matter you are strongly encouraged to use a second pc or laptop for obs and use a common capture card. Didn't even use NDI, cause it uses resources on the gaming machine, too.
Thanks for the advice but I don't have any 2nd PC and I am just going to build my first ever PC in a few weeks. Tbh it feels very unnatural that how tests like this, or tests like acoustic tests, FPS tests, comparison videos etc mandatorily needs secondary PC and extra capture card. In reality while gaming, a lot of things run in your background. They don't do any harm because they are just windows own programs and don't consume much resources but it's very natural. In normal day to day life there will be a lot of noise and background sound, so doing keyboard sound test, headphones or mic test, or any acoustic test in pin drop silent area are just useless and unnatural. I feel and have seen people run at least my computer or both launcher and game at the same time. So having nothing in background at all or a stress free machine is just not the true/accurate result as it's not something that happens in day to day life. Thanks for the advice again

konsolenritter

To be honest you seem to be shure about what you assume and say. At the very same moment you acknowledge that you even don't own a pc yet and you are just about to build your first one... in a couple of days... Hhhhm.

You are right in what you say about (nearby) idling windows as a whole. But otherwise you should know better:
- antivirus scanning,
- indexing,
- high demanding fore- and background tasking programs

can and will seriously influence other high-demanding programs like game machines. You'll have to learn that your own way.

And now - not very surprising - a totally secret to tell: OBS as live-capturing-mixing-encoding-video-and-audio-all-in-one-solution is not known for IDLING regarding computing resources. ;)